4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2009 2:54 AM by 696957 RSS

FND_LOBS size is too big

Hi,

we are facing the fnd_lobs table size issue , which has an associated blob on the file_data column. This blob is where a lot of attachments from origination modules are stored. This blob is now out of control and needs to handled. It's up to 600gb and growing at the rate of a gigabyte per day!

I checked that total 67000 records are there.. and 65000+ recs have expiration date null.

can some body suggest me how to handle this big size table .

Regards
        • 1. Re: FND_LOBS size is too big -
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,

Please see the following documents.

Note: 871721.1 - How To Purge FND_LOBS?
          Note: 303709.1 - Reclaiming unused space in APPLSYSD tablespace
          Note: 298698.1 - Avoiding abnormal growth of FND_LOBS table in Applications 11i
          Note: 555463.1 - How to Purge Generic or Purchasing Attachments from the FND_LOBS Table
          Note: 732713.1 - Purging Strategy for eBusiness Suite 11i

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: FND_LOBS size is too big
            Hi Hasawwan,

Thanks for reply , I have gone through most of these documents. But here the challenge is the Concurrent program is not working , if Expiration date is null or program_name is null.

Since Program name also null, so we are not able to use the standard concurrent purge program also.

Please let me know , If you have encountered or have some pointers on this issue.

Regards
            • 3. Re: FND_LOBS size is too big
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi,

Please see the following documents.

Note: 742822.1 - How to Purge FND_LOBS Table Where Expiration_Date Is Null
              Note: 371342.1 - Why does the EXPIRATION_DATE column of FND_LOBS table have NULL entries?

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: FND_LOBS size is too big
                Hi Hassawaan,

Can you please let me know, If program_name is null, how to purge this record, for expiration we can put some date and run the purge concurrent program..

please advice on same...

regards,