2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2009 1:23 AM by 587686 RSS

Accessing UDFs through Web Services

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this question, but I couldn't see a better place to put it. Here's my question if someone could answer it:

I'm writing an applicationthat pulls projects/activities off a Primavera Database. After pulling down the project into my program, I need to be able to access a value in one of the UDF fields and multiply that value by several of the acitivty properties. I can pull down the normla properties of activities and projects fine, but I can not figure out how to retrieve UDFs from a project/activity. I've tried using the Export Service, but after trying for over a month with primavera support, we couldn't solve the issues causing the export to fail. So unfotunately that is not an option. I need to be able to retrieve UDFs directly from the project/activity. If it makes any difference, the UDF I'm interested in always has the same name.

I've been trying to do this in C#, using the P6WSDemo as basis, but as I said the export service fails, and that example doesn't include a way to access UDFs. If anyone has accessed UDFs or know how, could you tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Accessing UDFs through Web Services
          we have done this using Java..see if this helps...

am attaching snippets:

// load all activities of the project or based on afilter
                         boiActivity = m_project.loadAllActivities(new String[]{"ObjectId", "Id", "Name", "EarlyStartDate", "EarlyFinishDate"}, null, "Id asc");

while (boiActivity.hasNext()) {
                              try {
                                   Activity activity = (Activity)boiActivity.next();
                                   m_activityObjId = activity.getObjectId();
          // for each activity
          // load all the UDF's you like by name
                         +bo = m_manager.loadUDFValues(new String[] { "UDFTypeTitle", "Text", "UDFTypeObjectId", "ForeignObjectId", "ProjectObjectId" },
                                   "ForeignObjectId = '" + m_activityObjId + "' and ProjectObjectId = '" + m_projectObjId + "' and Upper(UDFTypeTitle) IN ('WO NUMBER', 'TASK', 'WOTASK')", null);+*

// these are the values you get in a list or an array - which has name and value
          // this might be slightly complicated if you have text, number and date UDF's that you want to get in one shot.

if you need more help, please do ping me..

• 2. Re: Accessing UDFs through Web Services
            i have used the API for this but you can find the corresponding web service call..

please read

UDFValues.ReadUDFValues call..