1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 11:44 AM by user11931834 RSS

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

S2O2
      Hi,

until yesterday I had a fully operational OWB environment but ...this morning I encountered a problem.

We have a schema a which has the source data, schema b which should contain the mappings and a schema c which should have the target tables.

All mapping worked fine until today. Today I was trying to deploy a modified mapping and I received the following error message

TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 11, column 2:
      PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
      TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 126, column 7:
      TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 135, column 12:
      PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
      TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 15, column 12:
      TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 23, column 2:
      TEST
      Create
      Warning
      ORA-06550: line 27, column 12:

I made several experiments with the mapping and I finally stripped it down to just two tables, one source table from schema a and one target table of schema c. I recognized that the problems appears due to the one table from the source schema a.
      I assumed a permission problem and I so proceeded by generating the intermediated code, started my SQL developer and tried to execute the code with the same user account as OWB would do. The result the code worked fine. As a next step I asked the DBA whether he changed anything on the DB configuration which might cause this problem. He disagreed.

Now I am at the end of my ideas ...what can cause this problem or how can I track it?

Thanks.

Regards,
      S202
        1 2 Previous Next