7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 4:27 PM by 493866

What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform

Hi,

I want to install SOA11g on my Windows laptop. I have installed 10g XE (10.2.0.1) database. But when I tried to create the Dehyderation store using RCU tool, the error I got is like, the datasbase version will not support for this installation, however its asking to upgrade it to 10.2.0.4 version. But I didn't find any patch for XE database on windows to upgrade to the required version.

I also tried to install the 11g enterprise database, but I am not able to succede. There I have faced one issue, that using RCU tool I am not able to connect the database as a SYSDBA. So I have dropped this DB and shifted to XE. Now I have stuck with XE version problem.

Is there anybody who installed the SOA11g on the windows platform per personal usage? If so please guide me.

-- Khaleel
        • 1. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
          Hi Khaleel,

Usually RCU's error can be ignored during installation however, you should install Oracle XE universal edition for SOA Suite i would say, that would save you from many unknown errors as some of the oracle packages supports different type of charactersets.

-Salman

Edited by: sallo on 26-Oct-2009 09:36
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
            Hi Sallo,

Yes I installed the Oracle XE universal version only. I have ignored that error and went to the next step. Now I face a different error

RCU-6083:Failed - Check prerequisites requirement for selected component:SOAINFRA
            Please refer to RCU log at C:\Oracle\rcuHome\rcu\log\logdir.2009-10-26_20-54\rcu.log for details.
            RCU-6107:DB Init Param Prerequisite failure for: processes
            Required Value = 200, Current Value = 40, Comparison Operator: ">="

RCU-6092:Component Selection validation failed. Please refer to log at C:\Oracle\rcuHome\rcu\log\logdir.2009-10-26_20-54\rcu.log for details.

-- Khaleel
            • 3. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
              Hi,

I have followed the steps in http://sriki77.blogspot.com/2008/11/oracle-xe-processes-parameter.html

Changed as follows:

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Oct 26 21:07:45 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

SQL> conn sys as sysdba
              Enter password:
              Connected.
              SQL> show parameter processes

NAME TYPE VALUE
              ------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
              aq_tm_processes integer 0
              db_writer_processes integer 1
              gcs_server_processes integer 0
              job_queue_processes integer 4
              log_archive_max_processes integer 2
              processes integer 40
              SQL> alter system set processes=500 scope=spfile
              2 ;

System altered.

SQL> show parameter processes

NAME TYPE VALUE
              processes integer 40
              SQL> shutdown immediate;
              Database closed.
              Database dismounted.
              ORACLE instance shut down.
              SQL> startup
              ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 599785472 bytes
              Fixed Size 1288820 bytes
              Variable Size 167773580 bytes
              Database Buffers 427819008 bytes
              Redo Buffers 2904064 bytes
              Database mounted.
              Database opened.
              SQL> show parameters processes

NAME TYPE VALUE
              processes integer 500
              SQL>

After this I got some more errors , I have ignored them aswell. (One I remembered is open_cursors limit was 300 suppose to be 500).

Finally I have created the entire schemas except the PORTAL CONFIGURATION everything is successful.

Thank you.

-- Khaleel
              • 4. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
                Hi,

The error I have seen in the RCU Log files is

2009-10-26 00:38:32.406 ERROR rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask::execute: Prereq Evaluation Failed
                oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqException: RCU-6080:Global prerequisite check failed - Check requirement for specified database
                     at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.validation.PrereqEvaluator.executePrereqTask(PrereqEvaluator.java:504)
                     at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask.execute(PrereqTask.java:68)
                     at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask.run(TaskRunner.java:303)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

2009-10-26 00:38:32.406 ERROR rcu: oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask::run: RCU Operation Failed
                oracle.sysman.assistants.common.task.TaskExecutionException: RCU-6080:Global prerequisite check failed - Check requirement for specified database
                The database you are connecting is not a supported version. Enter Database with version equal to or higher than 10.2.0.4.0 in 10g or version equal to higher than 11.1.0.7.0 in 11g. Refer to the certification matrix for supported DB versions

at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.PrereqTask.execute(PrereqTask.java:76)
                     at oracle.sysman.assistants.rcu.backend.task.ActualTask.run(TaskRunner.java:303)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

-- Khaleel
                • 5. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
                  Hi,

Also the POrtal specific Log messages is

if dbms_java.fixed_in_instance(p_class, 'SYS', 'CLASS') = 1 then

ERROR at line 29:

ORA-06550: line 29, column 12:

PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_JAVA.FIXED_IN_INSTANCE' must be declared

ORA-06550: line 29, column 9:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Please help if ther is any idea how to fix this? Because I want to install the Oracle Portal as well.

-- Khaleel
                  • 6. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
                    hi khaleel,

this looks like some error in RCU when you try to create schema for Portal.
                    Make sure you are using correct user with appropriate rights to carry out the actions.

-salman
                    • 7. Re: What databse I have to install for SOA11g installation on Windows platform
                      Dear Salman,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I am using SYS user with SYSDBA role.
                      Infact all other schemas created that we can create using the rCU tool except PORTAL's schema.

-- Khaleel