8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 4:01 AM by 731140

How to activate OEM in oracle 10G

user5248437
      Hi, I want to know how to activate oracle enterprise manager, not grid control. This is and old database in oracle 10g,
      running in IBM server with OS AIX 5.3. It was unused, but now we need to execute some process in it, and I need a tool
      to help with this process.
      I got other databases in other server, but they are in clusters (RAC), with these DBs I don't have any problems,
      when I go to ORACLE_HOME/bin I see emctl, but in the old db when I go to ORACLE_HOME/bin
      I don't see emctl. My doubt is, how can I activate OEM in this DB? Do I need to download something?

Thanks for your help.
      ANG
        • 1. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
          SlavaZayarny
          If "opatch lsinventory -detail" on this $OH does not list 9 or more components all starting with "Enterprise Manager", it was never installed.

You can add it by running the original, base patchset install and doing a custom setup, just for the Database Control component. This will require a re-install of any post-base patchset added to this home and the subsequent repository creation. I would look to either add this target to Grid or find a way to do your task without - that might take you less time.

- Slava Zayarny
          • 2. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
            user5248437
            In this directory; /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/OPatch these are the files/directories inside:
            emdpatch.pl
            opatch
            opatch.pl
            jlib
            opatchprereqs
            opatch.ini
            docs

I think I would need to do something else. I wish no.

Thanlks for your help, and any comments or suggestions are welcome.

ANG
            • 3. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
              mnazim-Oracle
              For creating a dbconsole you need to run emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
              • 4. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
                user5248437
                Hi mnazim;
                I executed the command and I got this:

INFO: Repository successfully created
                Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig updateReposVars
                SEVERE: File/directory /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/emdrep/config/repository.variables does not exist
                Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                SEVERE: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts
                Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                Refer to the log file at /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/cfgtoollogs/emca/MDBLAV/emca_2009-10-28_11-26-52-AM.log for more details.
                Could not complete the configuration. Refer to the log file at /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/cfgtoollogs/emca/MDBLAV/emca_2009-10-28_11-26-52-AM.log
                for more details.

I verified the aforementioned log and these are the last lines:

Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                CONFIG: Error executing /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/admin/scripts/emca/emcaDbUtil
                /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/perl/lib:/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/perl/lib/site_perl:/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/admin/scripts:/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin:
                %s_perlBin%/perl /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/admin/scripts/emca/emcaDbUtil.pl /home/oracle/product/10.2.0 IPTVLAB SYS SYSDBA declare repos_pwd varchar2(30);
                view_user varchar2(30); view_user_pwd varchar2(30); view_user_acc_status varchar2(30); begin repos_pwd := ?; sysman.mgmt_view_priv.get_view_user(view_user);
                select account_status into view_user_acc_status from sys.dba_users where upper(username) = upper ( view_user ); IF view_user_acc_status like '%LOCKED%' THEN
                execute immediate 'alter user ' || view_user || ' account unlock'; END IF; IF view_user_acc_status like '%EXPIRED%' THEN sysman.mgmt_view_priv.set_view_user_creds ( repos_pwd ); sysman.mgmt_view_priv.GET_VIEW_USER_CREDS ( view_user, view_user_pwd ); execute immediate 'alter user ' || view_user || ' identified by ' || view_user_pwd || ''; END IF; end; 1 SYSMAN_PWD
                Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig unlockAccounts
                CONFIG: Failed to unlock mgmt_view account
                Oct 28, 2009 11:27:58 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                Refer to the log file at /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/cfgtoollogs/emca/MDBLAV/emca_2009-10-28_11-26-52-AM.log for more details.
                CONFIG: Stack Trace:
                oracle.sysman.emcp.exception.EMConfigException: Failed to unlock all EM-related accounts
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:253)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig.invoke(EMReposConfig.java:133)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig.perform(EMConfig.java:142)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.invokeEMCA(EMConfigAssistant.java:485)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.performConfiguration(EMConfigAssistant.java:1141)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.statusMain(EMConfigAssistant.java:469)
                     at oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfigAssistant.main(EMConfigAssistant.java:418)

This is the line in emca_2009-10-28_11-26-52-AM.log (another log) in same dir as previous.

SP2-0310: unable to open file "/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/admin/emdrep/sql/emreposcre.sql"

Thanks for your help.
                • 6. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
                  user5248437
                  Hi;
                  Reading the document sugested, I read the following:

Where is the repository of database console hosted?
                  Dbconsole repository is created in the same database under SYSMAN schema. SYSMAN user is the repository owner and is the super user for database console administration.

This is in Subject:      Enterprise Manager Database Console FAQ      Doc ID:      863631.1      refered by doc. 750768.1

So, in my logs, I have this error:
                  SEVERE: File/directory /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/emdrep/config/repository.variables does not exist

I was verifying the directory /home/oracle/product/10.2.0/sysman/emdrep/config and it's empty.

Do you think this cause the problem? If yes, is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks for your help.
                  • 7. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
                    mnazim-Oracle
                    It seems some problem with existing install, can you install the software only and run dbca from OH/bin,choose dbcontrol during install and check
                    • 8. Re: How to activate OEM in oracle 10G
                      Enterprise manager can not be loaded in enterprise linux os.......i got the following errror

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.localdomain:1158.

what can i do now

Edited by: Arunraj on Nov 1, 2009 7:59 PM