3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 1:36 PM by S.PDASH

Authorizing a user to approve Purchase requisition

Dear All,

I would like to make an employee, who is not a manager, to authorize/approve the Purchase requisitions.
      I am able to do this for this employee after changing him to the Purchase Dept and chosing the Job as Buyer and Position as Local or Foreign Buyer

But the Issue is that, this employee belongs to a different department than Purchase, so I need to retain the employee in his existing department as well how can I enable the approving option by not changing his current department.

How can I accomplish this..?

Please update...

Many thanks in advance...
        • 1. Re: Authorizing a user to approve Purchase requisition
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          You mentioned : Issue is that, this employee belongs to a different department than Purchase .. Do you mean that Only Purchase Dept people can approve Purchase Requisition / PO?

Correct me if I am wrong here, Job which is assigned to a person is not dependant on any department..

We would like to know little bit extra about your job and positional hierarchy...

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Authorizing a user to approve Purchase requisition
            Hi..,

Thanks for your reponse..

Correct me if I am wrong here, Job which is assigned to a person is not dependant on any department..

I have seen there is relatoinship between department and position and not with job

when I change the employee department, then the positions will be listed based on the department but not the job, job I can change to whaterver other job I want...

Thanks....
            • 3. Re: Authorizing a user to approve Purchase requisition
              S.PDASH
              Thanks for your clarification.. For your business you are using Positional Hierarchy for the approval process..

From Dept, you are establishing the position and Job assignment is not that vital for your Business.. Is it Mandatory to define all persons of your company under departments..? If not.. Then please define a generic Job and Position and assign this to this Forign buyer without assigning any Dept.. This way you may solve this issue.. Else please wait for other GURUS to answer your queries in this forum.. I will also try and keep you posted..

Thanks for putting such a nice question..

Regards,
              S.P DASH