This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2010 1:55 PM by 744244 RSS

Proctered Vs Oracle Exams

686041 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Freinds,
I am working as an apps technical consultant(11 months). But i wish to shift my profile to admin DBA. I am preparing for the exams and planning to complete OCA exams by January. I prefer to write the prerequiste 1Z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i SQL® coz 'm familiar with 9i and daily working on that. Also considering 1Z0-051 Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I. Planning to write the sql exam by december.

I used to get mails from oracle saying exam date for the particular month is announced, contact details etc. But when i enquired in a pearson view(prometric) center, NIIT in chennai, they said one week b4 i can register for exam and any day any time i can take the exam(mon-sat). I would like to clear the doubt that who's deciding the exam dates? Is there any difference if i registered through oracle for the exam or thru pearson vue.. Is there any difference in the certificate we are getting.

please guide..

Thanks and regards
renji
  • 1. Re: Proctered Vs Oracle Exams
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    There is no difference in the exam if you take them from Oracle University location or from a peason vue office. The only reason that you get the details of the person to contact and the exam dates from Oracle( and you must have seen, most of the times , these dates happen on Saturdays) that these are the dates when exams would be conducted there. Unlike the exam centers like NIIT or anyone of the same profile, Oracle doesn't conduct exams on every day. Most of the time, classes are running from Monday to Friday, so mostly exams in OU, happen on Saturdays. That's what I have seen so far. In OU, the dates are decided by Oracle or we can say, the proctor/exam coordinator who is working for Oracle Corp. In any 3rd party partner, that would be based on the choice of the partner, when and for how many people they want to conduct exams in a week. If NIIT thinks they can conduct an exam everyday, they would do so, its completely their own discretion. Exam is online and will be dowloaded when you would ask for it. Mostly 3rd party parners have a seperate room for writing the exam so even if they have a regular office/class running, its not going get impacted with you writing teh exam. So you need to suit yourself and see going where is better for you accoeding to your place and timings. Exams are same irrespective of it that you are writing at NIIT or ORacle or at some other location and so would be the certification.

HTH
    Aman....
  • 2. Re: Proctered Vs Oracle Exams
    686041 Newbie
    Thanks Aman

regards
    renji
  • 3. Re: Proctered Vs Oracle Exams
    744244 Newbie
    I am planning to take the 11g SQL Fundamentals (1Z0-051) shortly; you should be aware that this is a non-proctored exam. That is to say, you can take it anywhere (and anytime) you have a computer and internet access - I plan to take this at the weekend when I have finished my final revision. You register with Pearson and pay them $95 for the exam. Have a look at this link: http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle/

Rgds,

Rory

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points