8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 6:43 PM by user1175385

datasource error

user1175385
      Hi,

I recently converted the WIPRDJVR.rdf canned report to xml datasource using the Oracle conversion utility. The reason for this was the end users wanted some additional fields added to the report and they wanted to be able to export the report into Excel. I thought the easiest way to do this was to convert it to xml using Oracle conversion utility. After creating the datasource and template files I created/setup a concurrent job and moved the new datasource onto the server. I wanted to run the report from a concurrent job so I could export the xml output, using this to add the additional fields to my template. I'm using the Word plugin to modify the report template. When I run the concurrent job to generate the xml output I'm getting an error, java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20100: kff_select and I just don't know how to fix this.

I'm not sure why the error is occurring and would appreciate any help in this regard.

PS: I tried to post this message with the concurrent job error and datasource and got an error stating that I exceeded the maximum character limit so I'm sending the concurrent job error with this post then I will reply to the post and send the new datasource.

Concurrent job error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Custom Application: Version : UNKNOWN

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

XXKNC_WIPRDJVR module: XXKNC - Discrete Job Value Report - Standard Costing

Current system time is 02-NOV-2009 09:30:05

XDO Data Engine Version No: 5.6.3
      Resp: 50253
      Org ID : 81
      Request ID: 3696508
      All Parameters: ORG_ID=82:P_STRUCT_NUM=50228:ACCT_PERIOD_ID=:P_qty_precision=2:SUBMITTED_BY=SRS:REPORT_SORT_OPT=1:REPORT_RUN_OPT=2:CLASS_TYPE=1:P_Include_Bulk=1:P_Include_Vendor=1:CLASS_FROM=:CLASS_TO=:JOB_FROM=553143:JOB_TO=553143:STATUS_TYPE=:P_FROM_ITEM=:P_TO_ITEM=:P_CURRENCY_CODE=USD:P_DISPLAY_INVERSE_RATE=N:P_EXCHANGE_RATE_TYPE=2:P_EXCHANGE_RATE=1:P_PROJECT_DUMMY=:P_PROJECT_ID=
      Data Template Code: XXKNC_WIPRDJVR
      Data Template Application Short Name: CUSTOM
      Debug Flag: N
      {P_PROJECT_ID=, CLASS_TO=, REPORT_RUN_OPT=2, SUBMITTED_BY=SRS, ACCT_PERIOD_ID=, JOB_FROM=553143, STATUS_TYPE=, CLASS_TYPE=1, P_Include_Bulk=1, P_PROJECT_DUMMY=, P_TO_ITEM=, ORG_ID=82, P_EXCHANGE_RATE_TYPE=2, P_EXCHANGE_RATE=1, P_FROM_ITEM=, P_Include_Vendor=1, P_DISPLAY_INVERSE_RATE=N, CLASS_FROM=, P_qty_precision=2, REPORT_SORT_OPT=1, P_STRUCT_NUM=50228, JOB_TO=553143, P_CURRENCY_CODE=USD}
      Calling XDO Data Engine...
      [110209_093008714][][EXCEPTION] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20100: kff_select(C_FLEXFIELD_ITEM, INV, MSTK, N, MSI, ALL, Y, VALUE) raised exception.
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 180
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 242
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 2389
      ORA-20100: cross_validate_arguments(MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM, N, ID_FLEX_NUM) raised exception.
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 616
      ORA-20232: MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM and ID_FLEX_NUM arguments are not passed properly. Valid combinations are : (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = Y) OR (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = N AND ID_FLEX_NUM = NOT NULL).
      ORA-06512: at line 2

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
           at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
           at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:590)
           at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1973)
           at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:1119)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2191)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:2064)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2989)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:658)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:736)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.executeFlexCall(DataTemplateParser.java:2063)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.getFlexExpression(DataTemplateParser.java:2023)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.extractFlexExpression(XMLPGEN.java:1267)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processData(XMLPGEN.java:256)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processXML(XMLPGEN.java:205)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.writeXML(XMLPGEN.java:237)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataProcessor.processData(DataProcessor.java:364)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.DataTemplate.processData(DataTemplate.java:236)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.oa.cp.JCP4XDODataEngine.runProgram(JCP4XDODataEngine.java:293)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.request.Run.main(Run.java:161)

[110209_093008722][][EXCEPTION] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20100: kff_select(C_FLEXFIELD_COMP_ITEM, INV, MSTK, N, MSI, ALL, Y, VALUE) raised exception.
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 2389
      ORA-20100: cross_validate_arguments(MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM, N, ID_FLEX_NUM) raised exception.
      ORA-20232: MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM and ID_FLEX_NUM arguments are not passed properly. Valid combinations are : (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = Y) OR (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = N AND ID_FLEX_NUM = NOT NULL).

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2191)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2989)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:658)
           at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:736)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.executeFlexCall(DataTemplateParser.java:2063)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.getFlexExpression(DataTemplateParser.java:2023)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.oa.cp.JCP4XDODataEngine.runProgram(JCP4XDODataEngine.java:293)

[110209_093008776][][EXCEPTION] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20100: kff_order_by(P_ORDER_FLEX, INV, MSTK, N, MSI, ALL, Y) raised exception.
      ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 2772

java.lang.NullPointerException
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.getObjectVlaue(DataTemplateParser.java:1695)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.replaceSubstituteVariables(DataTemplateParser.java:1414)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processSQLDataSource(XMLPGEN.java:440)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.writeData(XMLPGEN.java:429)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.writeGroupStructure(XMLPGEN.java:300)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processData(XMLPGEN.java:266)

Start of log messages from FND_FILE
      End of log messages from FND_FILE

Executing request completion options...

Finished executing request completion options.

Concurrent request completed
      Current system time is 02-NOV-2009 09:30:08

Steve
        • 1. Re: datasource error
          user1175385
          The new datasource file is too large. Is there a way to attach the file in a forum?

Steve
          • 2. Re: datasource error
            Tim Dexter-Oracle
            Hi Steve

All you can do is provide a link to the report, you need to host it somewhere.
            However, I can not fix the problem for you but I can point you in the right direction. You may remember the user exits in Oracle Reports to fetch back Key FlexField information such as get me the description of the account 110.

In Publisher there is a flexfield section in the data templates to do this. That is what is failing. I would suggest you check that out. They are pretty well documented in the BIP docs -

If you are still stuck, get that file hosted and we can then take a look see.

Regards

Tim
            • 3. Re: datasource error
              user1175385
              Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked that the flexfield section in the data template but I cannot find what the problem is. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the file and let me know what's wrong. Here's the link to the file.

http://webaccess.kenseynash.com/xxknc.xml

Thanks,

Steve
              • 4. Re: datasource error
                Hi Steve,

I am new to Data templates. But i just looked at the data source and i see (id_flex_num =""and multiple_id_flex_num="N" for C_FLEXFILED_ITEM and few other lex. parameters like C_FLEXFIELD_COMP_ITEM..etc).

In the User guide it is said, Valid combinations are : (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = Y) OR (MULTIPLE_ID_FLEX_NUM = N AND ID_FLEX_NUM = NOT NULL).

So you can modify the source like

<lexical type="oracle.apps.fnd.flex.kff.select" name="C_FLEXFIELD_ITEM" application_short_name="INV" id_flex_code="MSTK" id_flex_num=":P_FLEXDATA_ITEM" multiple_id_flex_num="N" code_combination_table_alias="MSI" segments="ALL" show_parent_segments="Y" output_type="VALUE" />

Just a guess...
                • 5. Re: datasource error
                  user1175385
                  Sattti,

I fixed the null values for the oracle.apps.fnd.flex.kff.select and order_by lexicals, which seemed to solve the kff.select lexical errors but I'm now getting another error on the kff.order_by lexical. Can you tell me what this error means and how to fix it?

Here's the new error:

Custom Application: Version : UNKNOWN

Copyright (c) 1979, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

XXKNC_WIPRDJVR module: XXKNC - Discrete Job Value Report - Standard Costing

Current system time is 03-NOV-2009 13:30:06

XDO Data Engine Version No: 5.6.3
                  Resp: 50253
                  Org ID : 81
                  Request ID: 3699361
                  All Parameters: ORG_ID=82:P_STRUCT_NUM=50228:ACCT_PERIOD_ID=:P_qty_precision=2:SUBMITTED_BY=SRS:REPORT_SORT_OPT=1:REPORT_RUN_OPT=2:CLASS_TYPE=1:P_Include_Bulk=1:P_Include_Vendor=1:CLASS_FROM=:CLASS_TO=:JOB_FROM=553143:JOB_TO=553143:STATUS_TYPE=:P_FROM_ITEM=:P_TO_ITEM=:P_CURRENCY_CODE=USD:P_DISPLAY_INVERSE_RATE=N:P_EXCHANGE_RATE_TYPE=2:P_EXCHANGE_RATE=1:P_PROJECT_DUMMY=:P_PROJECT_ID=
                  Data Template Code: XXKNC_WIPRDJVR
                  Data Template Application Short Name: CUSTOM
                  Debug Flag: N
                  {P_PROJECT_ID=, CLASS_TO=, REPORT_RUN_OPT=2, SUBMITTED_BY=SRS, ACCT_PERIOD_ID=, JOB_FROM=553143, STATUS_TYPE=, CLASS_TYPE=1, P_Include_Bulk=1, P_PROJECT_DUMMY=, P_TO_ITEM=, ORG_ID=82, P_EXCHANGE_RATE_TYPE=2, P_EXCHANGE_RATE=1, P_FROM_ITEM=, P_Include_Vendor=1, P_DISPLAY_INVERSE_RATE=N, CLASS_FROM=, P_qty_precision=2, REPORT_SORT_OPT=1, P_STRUCT_NUM=50228, JOB_TO=553143, P_CURRENCY_CODE=USD}
                  Calling XDO Data Engine...
                  [110309_013009946][][EXCEPTION] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20100: kff_order_by(P_ORDER_FLEX, INV, MSTK, 50228, N, MSI, ALL, Y) raised exception.
                  ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 2772
                  ORA-20100: get_kff_str(401, MSTK, 50228) raised exception.
                  ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_FLEX_XML_PUBLISHER_APIS", line 958
                  ORA-20101: <Key Flexfield Structure> does not exist. Primary Key: APPLICATION_ID:'401', ID_FLEX_CODE:'MSTK', ID_FLEX_NUM:'50228'
                  ORA-01403: no data found

java.lang.NullPointerException
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.getObjectVlaue(DataTemplateParser.java:1695)
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.DataTemplateParser.replaceSubstituteVariables(DataTemplateParser.java:1414)
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processSQLDataSource(XMLPGEN.java:440)
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.writeData(XMLPGEN.java:429)
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.writeGroupStructure(XMLPGEN.java:300)
                       at oracle.apps.xdo.dataengine.XMLPGEN.processData(XMLPGEN.java:266)

Thanks,

Steve
                  • 6. Re: datasource error
                    user1175385
                    Hi,

I still cannot figure out how to fix this error, "ORA-20101: <Key Flexfield Structure> does not exist. Primary Key: APPLICATION_ID:'401', ID_FLEX_CODE:'MSTK', ID_FLEX_NUM:'50228'". I understand that it does not exist but can someone tell me what I should be looking at to fix the problem? I've tried searching documentation and the internet for solutions but I cannot find any. Please help!

Steve
                    • 7. Re: datasource error
                      Hi Steve,

Based on the error message, i assume for the below code, you might have given (id_flex_num = ":P_STRUCT_NUM")

<lexical type="oracle.apps.fnd.flex.kff.order_by" name="P_ORDER_FLEX" application_short_name="INV" id_flex_code="MSTK" id_flex_num="" multiple_id_flex_num="N" code_combination_table_alias="MSI" segments="ALL" show_parent_segments="Y" />

I think you might need to give

id_flex_num = ":P_FLEXDATA_ITEM", not struct_num.. Here you might need to order by item number...

Its just a guess...
                      • 8. Re: datasource error
                        user1175385
                        Sattti,

I did try your suggestion but I'm getting an numeric conversion error because the :P_FLEXDATA_ITEM is a character while the id_flex_num is a number field. Thanks for the suggestion though. Would you have any other ideas I could look at?

Steve