4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 12:57 AM by 400672 RSS

How to add trace to ACP (setup manager)

user88577
      Hi,
      we're trying the new module setup manager to check if it fits our needs. I've created an extract task but it failed during the step Makedir with the error message:
      ERROR: Execution failed due to binary missing or permission issues

Unfortunately i've no idea which command provoked this message and where or how.
      Since we are using sudo in OEM grid, i think the problem is related to this but i have no clues as there is no log generated in emagent.trc on the target nor in emoms.trc on the OMS server.

How can i activate more trace or logs ? is there a debug mode for Setup manager ?

thanks
      Chris
        • 1. Re: How to add trace to ACP (setup manager)
          user88577
          It seems that i'm the only customer trying to use it ? Even my request to oracle support has no answer ... ;-(

Seems to me that this new module is non compliant with OEM Grid credntials mechanism.... It doesnt manage sudo use to connect to the different targets ....
          • 2. Re: How to add trace to ACP (setup manager)
            Hi Christophe,

AMP/ACP are not certified with 'Sudo'. Can you try setting the credentials in "Preferred Credentials" ?

--
            Thanks,
            Roopesh R
            • 3. Re: How to add trace to ACP (setup manager)
              user88577
              Of course it works (almost) with direct connections but could you tell me where is the statement about ACP not compliant with sudo ?
              Using sudo is a supported mode to setup credentials in OEM GRID. i'm little bit surprised than iSetup is not compliant with that.

It's not clear also for me which kind of credentials is used by i setup ..... We have a complex architecture with different unix user. I'm now able to launch some setup manager tasks but i dont really know why it works with the setup i've done in preferred credentials !

And it's a security issue for us. we r not allowed to have the unix passwords and moreover they are automatically updated regularly. Unix team just gave it to us to test the product ...
              • 4. Re: How to add trace to ACP (setup manager)
                Hi Christophe,

You have to set the following in the EM Preferred Credentials page for ACP - Setup Manager:

For "Oracle E-Business Suite Infrastructure" - set 'Operating System Username' and password.

For "Oracle E-Business Suite" - set 'Applications Login Username' and password (FND User name used to access EBS iSetup)

- It is documented in the user guide.

You are right, Sudo hasn't been done yet, and we haven't documented that we support / certified with SUDO.

--
                Thanks,
                Roopesh R