5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 12:34 PM by S.PDASH

Create PO from Requisition

Hi Guys

please tell me,..

1st. how do we prevent creation of PO without reqiositions

2nd. how do we trace if the PO was not autocreated,i cant find the requisition for one of the POs,......i get the NOTE:APP-PO-14450:There is no requisition line assotiated with this shipment.

please assist guys thanks
        • 1. Re: Create PO from Requisition
          S.PDASH
          Hi
          Your question :

*1st. how do we prevent creation of PO without reqiositions*
          Ans : In your business is it mandatory to have a requisition for a PO ?? If not then you can create PO manually.

*2nd. how do we trace if the PO was not autocreated,i cant find the requisition for one of the POs*
          Ans : Please refer Doc ID:  559009.1

Hope this will help.

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Create PO from Requisition
            Yes it is mandatory to create requisition,but some people bypass and create manual POs and is causing problems.
            • 3. Re: Create PO from Requisition
              S.PDASH
              Hi,
              Thanks for confirming that, for your business requisition is mandatory before PO...

We believe this is only possible through PO form personalisation only.. You can do it in 2 ways..

1) In PO form make PO header portion as read only, it will allow you to query but you can't alter any information at PO header level.

2) In the PO form, add a new field "Requisition Number" and make it mandatory.. User need to query the requisition number in this page before pulling the PO which is associated to this requisition..

Hope this will help..

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Create PO from Requisition
                Thank you very much,i think that will provide the solution we need.
                • 5. Re: Create PO from Requisition
                  S.PDASH
                  You are welcome

Would you mind to close the case with your feedback if this suggestion is useful or correct answer...

Regards,
                  S.P DASH
                  1 person found this helpful