5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2009 8:51 AM by are_dc RSS

Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix

We are using Citrix Web Interface Presentation server 4.5 sp2 to publish Primavera Project Management 6.2.1. My users want to open multiple sessions of Primavera and they are only able to open 1 Session. I've checked session limits in Citirx and it allows multiple sessions. I've even tried adding session limits to allow 3 sessions but it still only allows 1 session. This happens in my test and production environment. We also have Cost Manger and PertMaster published in the citrix environment and I can open multiple sessions with both of these applications. I've also tried changing the Session window size and Colors but this hasnt made a difference. I've also tried in Version 7 and i have the same effect. Its only Primavera Project Management that will not allow multiple sessions. Is this possible to have multiple sessions or does anyone have a suggestion.

I just tried opening multiple sessions on the application server and it will not open. So it looks like something with Primavera. Any switches I can added to the executable to allow multiple windows?

Web Interface and Application servers are all Windows 2003
      Thank you

Edited by: user12117066 on Nov 6, 2009 8:03 AM
        • 1. Re: Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix
          jkleinman
          When you say multiple sessions, do you mean you are trying to allow the same user from the same machine to login more then one time? Or are you saying that once user1 is logged in, user2 from another machine is unable to login?

If it is the first option, then no, there is no way to enable the same user to login a 2nd time.

If it is the second, then I have never heard of this problem before.
          • 2. Re: Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix
            Thank you for the reply.
            We have Primavera published in the Citrix Web Interface. The user logs onto Citrix and sees the published application they click on the application and the Citrix Client runs and opens up Primavera. User then logs onto the application. They want to be able to go back to the published application and click on Primavera again and open the application again in another window. So say they want to connect to a different DB they can change the db in the primavera screen and log on again with the same user name or different. My issue is having it come up twice on one users comuter.
            • 3. Re: Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix
              jkleinman
              user12117066 wrote:
              Thank you for the reply.
              We have Primavera published in the Citrix Web Interface. The user logs onto Citrix and sees the published application they click on the application and the Citrix Client runs and opens up Primavera. User then logs onto the application. They want to be able to go back to the published application and click on Primavera again and open the application again in another window. So say they want to connect to a different DB they can change the db in the primavera screen and log on again with the same user name or different. My issue is having it come up twice on one users comuter.
              That's not going to work, there is currently no way to do it. You would need to login to Citrix with another domain account and then login to P6 and connect to a different database then you are already logged into. Due to the way licensing works, you will not be able to login to the application using the same user id at the same time.
              • 4. Re: Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix
                That answers my question. Thank you for your help.
                • 5. Re: Multiple Sessions of Primavera 6.2 open in Citrix
                  are_dc
                  It sounds like you are trying to login to two separate databases on the same PC, at the same time, with the same user account. As I understand it, this should not be a licensing issue on the Primavera side as named licenses can be accessed by that named user across all databases in your environment. The catch is in order to use the same User ID at the same time the databases you are connecting to must be different. Now getting the application to launch twice on the same PC may still be an issue. Have you tried two separate isolated CITRIX profiles? Also if possible, I imagine you could launch the app once in citrix and a second time on the local PC, but this may not fit your needs and I have not personally attempted this.