5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 4:40 PM by S.PDASH

procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]

As far as i know
      oracle procuremnt is form based where you create requisitions and then PO`s..send them to supplier and receive goods in return

in i procuremement you create requisitions and select prodcuts directly from suppliers website? is that correct

but for this, your suppliers must have an online web store? am i correct?

If your suppliers donthave an online store, than iprocurement is of no use..is that correct?

Please advice me with my queries and if someone can share iprocurement setup document , that would be great

thanks
      emm
        • 1. Re: procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          iProcurement is a module of EBS that allows internal users of a company to order items from internal and external catalogs. Pl see the iProcurement Implementation and Administration Guide for R12.1.1 at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_03/current/acrobat/121ipiag.pdf

The same guide for other versions of EBS is available at http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]
            Ronel
            Hi Emm,

What you are referring to here is a functionality of iProcurement known as Punchout.
            This allows users in iProcurement to directly procure from vendors/suppliers website.

For an item to iProcurement you will have to import them using import item Catalog.
            And item information will imported in iProcurement for some of these items

1. Items in BPA
            2. Items present in ASL
            etc.

It is clearly mentioned in Purchasing user guides and iProcurement guide.

Check them out. Should be good help to you.

Regards
            knick
            • 3. Re: procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]
              S.PDASH
              Hi emm,
              Your question :

Q1 : In i procuremement you create requisitions and select prodcuts directly from suppliers website? is that correct
              Ans : You can Procure Items internally and externally (Supplier Site).. Do remember iprocurement is not meant to do shopping from supplier sites only.. This iprocurment module work better internally.. It gives a freedom to users to do everything under a single page instead of toggling between forms under PO.. :)

Q2: but for this, your suppliers must have an online web store? am i correct?
              Ans : Not necessarily.. If they have online store then it's good.. else you can get info of Supplier store and maintain it in your business.. I mean you need to get info about supplier store on regular basis and maintain the same in your stores.

Q3: If your suppliers don't have an online store, than iprocurement is of no use..is that correct?
              Ans: Even if your supplier don't have a online store this won't affect iprocurement in anyway....As I said this works better internally... iProcuremnet is indeed a nice module through which you can do all PO related activities under a same page.. You explore little bit more on iprocurement and I am sure you will like it.. You will build up a taste soon :)

Q4: Please advice me with my queries and if someone can share iprocurement setup document , that would be great
              Ans : iproc setup docs which we have are belongs to different projects, we can't share those..Hope you understand.. Please feel free to ask any setup related questions in this forum and I am sure you will get an answer..

for iProcurement, please do the following setups in sequence.._

1) Sysadmin: Define Profile Options (e.g, POR: Generate and Display Account at Checkout set "Yes" at Resp level..etc.. focus on Resp start with POR%)

2) Define Requisition Templates for Oracle iProcurement Public Lists (Navigation: Setup->Purchasing->Requisition Templates)

3) iProcurement: Information Template ( Navigation :Purchasing > Setup > Information Templates)

iProcurement uses information templates to pass necessary order processing information to suppliers. For example, an order for business cards cannot be filled without the requisitioner’s name, address, phone, email, and other information. By setting up an information template for business cards, you can require the iProcurement user to provide that information. best example Note to supplier...etc..

Note: Although information templates are set up in Oracle Purchasing, they are used only in iProcurement.

4) Define Global Blanket Purchase Agreements (NAVIGATION: PURCHASE ORDER > ORDERS)

5) Define Contract Purchase Agreements (You can use this incase your busniess use Contract Purchase Agrement)

6) Define Shipping Networks and Customer Locations for Internal Requisitions (NAVIGATION: INVENTORY >SETUP > ORGANIZATION >SHIPPING NETWORKS) & NAVIGATION : ORDER MANAGEMENET > CUSTOMERS > STANDARD)
              This setup will be taken care in your Inv & OM module..

7) Set Up Content Security (NAVIGATION: Procurement Catalog Admin > Stores > Stores) & NAVIGATION: Procurement Catalog Admin > Stores > Stores >Content Zone)
              This is used to create stores, assign contetnt Zone ..etc

8) Create Commodity-Based Expense Account Rules
              This is used incase you have different accounting rules for set of item Category..

9) Set Up Smart Forms... optional

10) Set Project Accounting     
              Applicable incase you use oracle PA

11) Set Advanced Pricing

12) Personalize Oracle iProcurement Using Oracle Applications Framework     
              This will cater form personalization..
              e.g.

NAVIGATION :IPROCUREMENT HOME PAGE > PERSONALIZE

Sl.No     Personalize field.........................Level (Site/ Organization/ Responsibility)     Rendered (Inherit/ True/ False)
              1     Check Box : Urgent     ..............Site/ Organization/ Responsibility     ................False / False / False
              2     Enter one-time address..............Site/ Organization/ Responsibility     ................False / False / False

13) iProcurement Category Hierarchy (Navigation : Internet Procurement Catalog Administration > Schema > Category Hierarchy)
              This is a major setup of iproc.

14) iProcurement Item Categories (Internet Procurement Catalog Administration > Schema > Item Categories)
              This is a major setup of iproc.

15) iProcurement: Mapping Categories
              Internet Procurement Catalog Administration > Schema > Category Mapping

Categories require mapping from iProcurement to the Core Applications. Map Categories to map the iProcurement Categories from the Unified Catalogue to the Oracle Core application categories. First select the iProcurement category and map them to the Oracle Core application Category, using the ‘map button’.

I have to stop now as this is already lengthy... :)

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]
                thanks knick
                Thanks S.P

thanks to all who replied to this thread
                really appreciated
                • 5. Re: procurement vs iprocurement [some confusions]
                  S.PDASH
                  You are welcome..!!!

Would you mind to close this thread along with your feedback? Mark the answers which are helpful or correct so that other people can use this thread as reference in future else it will be treated as unanswered thread..rt? :)

Regards,
                  S.P DASH