7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 5:28 AM by S.PDASH

Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue

Lisan
      Hi friends,

Im using oracle 11i. ive set Over Receipt Control Action = Reject in Receiving Options so that extra quantity cant be received. ive created a new purchase order (PO) with quantity 20 and received against that PO quantity 21. Tolerance is set to 0. it just shows an Warning which is normal for Action = Warning. it should stop me with an Error as im receiving extra than PO quantity. where can check this issue?

pls help me.

Thanks,
      LISAN
        • 1. Re: Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue
          S.PDASH
          Hi Lesan,
          We don't think you have any PO setup issue in Receiving option.. However we doubt the PO which you have created... Could you please confirm what is the *"Action message under Over receipt Tolerance of newly created PO shippment*, I think in your case it was *"Warning" instead of "Reject"* like your PO Receiving option setup...

Please test the whole senario with a new PO.. Please follow below step..

*1) Setup --> Receiving Options --> set Over Receipt Control.. Set Tolerance : 0%, Action : Reject....*

*2) Create a standard PO --> Click on shippments button +(this will open Shippments form)+ --> Click on Receiving Controls +(this will open Receiving Controls form)+ --> Check the default value under Over receipt Tolerance block ... if you see Action as : Warning , then change it to "Reject"... Save & approve the PO..*

*3) Go to Receiving --> Receipts --> Query the newly created PO in expected receipt form --> Go to Receipt Lines.. Instead of 20 put 21 as qty, try to save.. It will reject the receipt with appropriate error message,..*.. Hope this will help..

Please test and confirm ..

Regards,
          S.P DASH

Edited by: spdash12 on Nov 9, 2009 3:38 PM
          • 2. Re: Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue
            lisan-2025724
            hi spdash12,

you are right. it was Warning in Receiving control. thank you very much. pls tell me how can i set this as Reject for all the new POs as a global settings? im not willing to change all the PO's Receiving Control every time.

Thanks,
            LISAN
            • 3. Re: Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue
              S.PDASH
              Hi Lesan,
              Thanks for confirming.. Would you mind to mark above suggestion/solution as Correct or helpful answer so that other people can refer it in future.

Coming back to your new question : " how can i set this as Reject for all the new POs as a global settings?"

Ans : This can be handled at supplier header level.. You can test the same with a new supplier or existing supplier after changing the Receiving tab.. Create a new PO using this Supplier.. go to shippment and check "reject" is appearing in the receiving control or not..*

So make sure for all the supplier you are set the receive tab as reject.. Supplier header receiving setup get a priority over what is set in Receving option of PO.

Hope this will help :)

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue
                S.PDASH
                Hi Lesan,
                Thanks for confirming.. Would you mind to mark above suggestion/solution as Correct or helpful answer so that other people can refer it in future.

Coming back to your new question : " how can i set this as Reject for all the new POs as a global settings?"

Ans : This can be handled at supplier header level.. You can test the same with a new supplier or existing supplier after changing the Receiving tab.. Create a new PO using this Supplier.. go to shippment and check "reject" is appearing in the receiving control or not..*

So make sure for all the supplier you are setting the receive tab as reject.. Supplier header receiving setup get a priority over what is set in Receiving options of PO.

Hope this will help :)

Regards,
                S.P DASH
                • 5. Re: Problem with Over Receipt Control reject issue
                  Hi Lisan,

Normally there is a flow for default values as below

TOP TO BOTTOM

FINANCIAL OPTIONS

PURCHASING AND RECEIVING OPTIONS
                  |
                  |
                  SUPPLIER