4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 4:52 PM by Prash11

ODBC Error

Prash11
      I am running into connectivity problems with SQL Server(9.00.3042) and OBIEE(10.1.3.4). I get a weird error as shown below

State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: 37000 code: 8180 message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: 37000 code: 170 message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 38: Incorrect syntax near 'curr_cd'.. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: 37000 code: 170 message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 13: Incorrect syntax near 'L2_ID'.. [nQSError: 16002] Cannot obtain number of columns for the query result. (HY000)

I ran the sql generated by the above report against the database(sql server management studio) directly and it works just fine

I am tryin to replicate my DEV set up onto my local machine and having the problems

I am using the right credentials and my dsn name matches with the one in the rpd. My connection pool settings are good as well. Checked on the "Require Fully qualified table names" as well

I checked if i am able to test the connection to the database through the sql server dsn that i created and it works fine there but all my reports in obiee are erroring out with the above shown error.

What am i missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks
      Prash
        • 1. Re: ODBC Error
          Prash,

This doesn't look like a connection issue, there appear to be two syntax errors, what are 'curr_cd' and 'L2_id' , are these columns?

Ed
          • 2. Re: ODBC Error
            Prash11
            Yes they are columns but i dont get the same error when on dev with the same rpd and webcat. The columns there are just fine and I dont see a reason of why they erroring out

Any other advices?

Thanks
            Prash
            • 3. Re: ODBC Error
              It looks like there is some difference between the two environments, have you checked things like data type on the database column?

Sorry but I can't think of anythinmg else.

Ed
              • 4. Re: ODBC Error
                Prash11
                Figured the issue. I was using the server name directly in the DSN. Though the connection works fine it is erroring out in the reports. I used SQL server alias name(Oracle equivalent of TNS names) for the server and it worked.

Thanks
                Prash