2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 8:34 AM by 733187

Creating Managed Server for Weblogic that comes with Oracle Service Bus

I've installed Oracle Service Bus 10.3.
      Weblogic Server 10.3 comes bundled with OSB 10.3.
      Everything is working fine in the Admin Server.
      But when I create a Managed server and try to start it, I get the following exception and server doesn't start :

####<Nov 10, 2009 10:24:32 AM IST> <Critical> <Security> <iflmud6dlb5jn> <OSBManagedServer2> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1257828872747> <BEA-090403> <Authentication for user weblogic denied>
      ####<Nov 10, 2009 10:24:32 AM IST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <iflmud6dlb5jn> <OSBManagedServer2> <main> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1257828872747> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user weblogic denied
      weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user weblogic denied
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
           at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
           at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

I've tried changing the boot.properties file and given clear text username and password, but even this did not change the exception.
      Are there any other security concerns that are to be taken care of while configuring Managed Server for Oracle Service Bus?

Kindly help.
        • 1. Re: Creating Managed Server for Weblogic that comes with Oracle Service Bus
          Ravi Jegga
          How are you starting the manageserver. Is it using command line or using NodeManager from Weblogic console of admin server. Most of the times we start managed server using yourDomain/bin/startManagedWebLogic.cmd (.sh).

startManagedWebLogic nameOfYourManagedServer adminURL(Ex: http://host:port).

If you created a managed server at the time of creation of domain itself using custom option, then under your domain root folder, you should see a file named like "startManagedWebLogic_readme.txt" that kind of gives the same above command.

If you added the managed server later on, to an existing single server domain, then you can use the above command.

Ravi Jegga
          • 2. Re: Creating Managed Server for Weblogic that comes with Oracle Service Bus
            Thanks for the reply

I've tried out both the approaches :
            1) Creating a Managed Server during the creation of a domain
            2) Creating a Managed Server after the domain creation, from the weblogic admin console.

And I've tried to start both through Admin Console as well as from command line.
            But I get the same exception every time.

Please note, that this happens only when we select Weblogic and Oracle Service Bus both while creating a domain and not for a standalone weblogic domain.