This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2009 7:48 AM by garyNboston RSS

Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#

garyNboston Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to create a new Authorization Scheme that takes advantage of the "STATIC ID" attribute of a region.

I know I'm not using the substitution string correctly. Can someone please help me?
Here's what I've done:

1. On the Region Edit page, I've entered a unique numeric id in the "STATIC ID" field.

2. On the "Authorization Scheme" pages: I've select "Exists SQL Query"

3. and entered this query:

select 1 from auth_user_region
where upper(oax_login) = :APP_USER
and AUE_ID = #REGION_STATIC_ID# and authorization = 'Y'

4. I get an "Invalid character error" when I generate the page.

* If I need to use the PL/SQL Returning Boolean option, then can you help me with that, because I dont know what it would look like.

Thank- Gary
  • 1. Re: Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru
    try taking the # off the region_static_id identifier and see if that helps..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Webster, TX
  • 2. Re: Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    garyNboston Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion Tony, but that didn't work either.

These are the thing I've tried Without any success:

1. #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    2. REGION_STATIC_ID
    3. :REGION_STATIC_ID
    4. :P701_REGION_STATIC_ID
    5. &REGION_STATIC_ID.
    6. v('REGION_STATIC_ID')

Any other suggestions are still welcome.

-Gary

Edited by: garyNboston on Nov 10, 2009 1:29 PM
  • 3. Re: Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    jariola Guru
    Hi,

I think you can use it only in region.
    If you have pl/sql region, you can set some item according it.
    DECLARE
    l_val VARCHAR2(32000);
    BEGIN
    SELECT '#REGION_STATIC_ID#'
    INTO l_val
    FROM dual;

Px_YOUR_ITEM := l_val;

/* Rest of your region content here */

END;
    Or use javascript if region is HTML.

Br, Jari
  • 4. Re: Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    fac586 Guru
    I'm trying to create a new Authorization Scheme that takes advantage of the "STATIC ID" attribute of a region.
    Not sure what you're trying to do...? A generic region authorization scheme? Might help to give the bigger picture.
    1. On the Region Edit page, I've entered a unique numeric id in the "STATIC ID" field.
    These IDs are mainly intended for use as CSS selectors and in Javascript. They are rendered in the page as [HTML ID attributes|http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#id-and-class] and should comply with the [naming rules for these|http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name].
    and AUE_ID = #REGION_STATIC_ID# and authorization = 'Y'
    {quote}

#REGION_STATIC_ID# will only be substituted in region templates and some places in the region definition. 

The APEX_APPLICATION_PAGE_REGIONS view contains page references and the static ID, so the region IDs for the current page can be identified using :APP_PAGE_ID, but there doesn't appear to be any built-in substitution string for the currently rendering region to provide the final link.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 5. Re: Authorization Scheme using #REGION_STATIC_ID#
    garyNboston Newbie
    I've designed a schema for the purpose of controlling Authorization to a Region.
    ----

When doing this for Pages, I'm able to reference the :APP_PAGE_ID in an Authorization Scheme of type, "Exists SQL Query".
    That Expression looks like this:

select 1 from auth_user_page
    and page_no = :APP_PAGE_ID and authorization = 'Y'

----

My problem is that I cannot seem to find a way to identy my "Region". If this simply cannot be done using an 'Authorization Scheme', that's fine.
    I would be happy if I could accomplish my end even with a 'Condition' for displaying the Region.

I thought that maybe I could specify a #REGION_STATIC_ID# for the region, but I'm not able to determine how that is going to help me in either an 'Authorization Scheme' or a 'Conditional' statement for the Region.

I will be trying to control Authorization to different Region types, But the one I'm focusing on right now is an HTML Region.

If was able to identify the Region using a Static ID, then the authorization Scheme would look something like this:

and AUE_ID = '#REGION_STATIC_ID#' and authorization = 'Y'

Does anyone have any creative ideas of how I might accompliish controlling Authorization to access a 'Region' using similar logic as that I've shown in the above (albeit non-functioning) Authorization Schem?

Thanks- Gary

Edited by: garyNboston on Nov 12, 2009 7:46 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points