3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2009 4:23 PM by john dickey, mccarthy RSS

JD Edwards World Service Enablement - v 9.1

Hi there,

I am looking into implementing the *"World Service Enablement"* for my customer's 9.1 installation on AS400. The docs on the web and OTN are pretty thin (like none) - does anyone know how to get the full documentation set on this (Architectural concepts / Developer APIs) for JDE World 9.1 ? I got the installation guide from our Oracle Direct Rep, but nothing else as of yet.

I want to wire some JDE World services onto an Enterprise Service Bus and build out a solution that integrates with the Address Book and AR module.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. As well, if anyone has done this b4 and has some tips then please let me know. I am leaning towards the Oracle App Server Option as the Service Tier.

Thanks,
      David.
        • 1. Re: JD Edwards World Service Enablement - v 9.1
          john dickey, mccarthy
          David,

As you may have seen, there is not a lot of activity in the JDE World forum. JDE World 9.1 is the newest version of World software and I am not familiar with that version. So it is possible that there is something new in there that I don't know about. Could you explain further what you mean/doing by "World Service Enablement"? Have you any experience at all with the IBM AS/400 and the RPG programming language? I am wondering if you are looking for something that does not exist in the JDE World software. This would explain why you are not having any luck finding any documentation. You may need to explain exactly what you are wanting to accomplish.
          JDE World itself does not have an APIs to speak of. Now the IBM AS/400 operating system (OS/400) has APIs in it, but that is the OS, not the JDE software. Your use of the term "services" also bothers me, as that really does not exist in JDE World. That is why you should explain what you want to accomplish.

John Dickey
          • 2. Re: JD Edwards World Service Enablement - v 9.1
            Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. The 9.1 feature I identified is available from the docs I have seen, here is the one public URL I have found: [http://www.oracle.com/consulting/library/white-papers/best-practices-jd-edwards-world.pdf|http://www.oracle.com/consulting/library/white-papers/best-practices-jd-edwards-world.pdf] .

I also have some installation docs from Oracle.

This is a new "Service Tier" that makes JDE 9.1 APIs available as either Java APIs or Web Services. If you have any info please post back.

Thanks,
            David.
            • 3. Re: JD Edwards World Service Enablement - v 9.1
              john dickey, mccarthy
              No further information. I am not aware of any JDE 9.1 APIs that even exist, let alone be made available. You may want to pose this questions to JDE World support.

John Dickey