You can use following field validation to limit a numeric field to only 6 digit numbers Len([<IndexedShortText0>]) = 6 IndexedShortText0 will be your numeric field.
Hope this will help you.
Edited by: @$m! on Nov 12, 2009 5:13 PM
The dot (.) is the thousands separate in our number or integer field (working with a European set-up.) However, I want it to display without this formatting. I know how to make that work in reports, but is there any way for me to do that at the field level?
Have you tried the solution in the KB?
In order to limit the length of a text field, please take the following steps:
1. Go to Admin > Application Customization > click on the Object name (e.g. Contacts)
2. Click on the object field setup
3. Click on Edit next to the field you want to limit
4. In the Field Validation box enter a simple expression opening and ending with single quotation marks, and containing as many question marks as the number of characters that you need for the field length
e.g. for a field to be 13-character long use this formula '?????????????'
5. Enter the appropriate message that you want the users to see in the Field Validation Error Message box
6. Click Save.
I tried your solution, it does not seem to be working properly.
In field validation, I used your formula with 4 question marks *('????')*.
Whenever I enter any value and try to save it gives validation error.
I have currency field set in an email notification for a workflow I have built...but it doesn't include comma separators. How would you configure within the email notification setting to have a comma separator? Ex. (The contract amount for the opportunity is $%%%[<Revenue>]%%%).