12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 5:58 AM by UdayYadav

Inactive Items in Organizations and item master

I suppose user cannot select for those Inactive items in POs. But actually it does.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
      Amy
        • 1. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          You need to remove organization assignment from these items..

1) Go to Item --> Master Items --> Query on Item.. Click on Org Assignment Tab.. query for which Organization you want to remove the assignment..
          2) Try to create a PO.. In Line mention these inactive Items..This time it will restrict you to include items in PO line..

Hope this will help :)

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
            So, even I marked the item is inactive.... it still let user enter in POs.

Thanks,
            Amy
            • 3. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
              S.PDASH
              Hi Amy,
              I have tested this at my end after removing org assignment for some items.. When I tried to create PO, it didn't allow me to include these Items in the PO line as these items are no more belongs to this organization..so this proves Items are not getting picked for the PO which is not assigned..

What do you mean by *"So, even I marked the item is inactive.... it still let user enter in POs."..* Have you done the org assignment detachment properly.. could you please elaborate littel bit.. Let me know how you inactivate the Items...

Say your master org is : MAS and Item is : XYZ and this Item is assigned to Org : ABC..

what you have to do is : Go to master Item option --> Select Organization as "ABC" --> Query on Item (XYZ) --> Click on Org Assignment Tab. --> now your Org ABC will apear at the top of the list --> Uncheck the Assigned check box.. Now create a new PO.. try to include Item # XYZ.. Let me know if you are able to create a PO with this item "XYZ" in it's line..

Please confirm if you have already done this exercise and still getting error?

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                SachinAhuja
                Yes it's fine and will work. What Amy is saying even by changing the Status of Item to InActive it's allowing item to be entered on PO Line.
                • 5. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                  S.PDASH
                  If we are making item inactive then in next step we need to remove organization assignment else "Inactive" Item will still appear in the PO line.. Correct me if I am wrong here Sachin..

Regards,
                  S.P DASH
                  • 6. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                    S.PDASH
                    Hi Amy,

As another work around, make item inactive in Purchase validation Org (under Setup--> Financial option --> Item Validation Org e.g XYZ)...

This should change the purchasable check box under purchasing tab of Item attributes for ITEM validation org (XYZ) if not then please do it by yourself manually...

Please note that in Purchasing, Item attribute validation is done in Item Validation org.

Hope this will help..

Regards,
                    S.P DASH
                    • 7. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                      We don't have organizations item. We only use Item master and I cannot use assign item organization function.

I already click the purchasable flag but it is not working.

Please advice,
                      Amy
                      • 8. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                        S.PDASH
                        Hi Amy,
                        You mentioned "I already click the purchasable flag but it is not working".. does it mean that you unchecked purchasable flag..? rt..

Regards,
                        S.P DASH
                        • 9. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                          Yes.... I unchecked the purchasable box. We only use Item Master and no Organizations.

Thanks,
                          Amy
                          • 10. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                            S.PDASH
                            Hi Amy,
                            Thanks for confirming...

1) If you are using Master org, did you set the Item Validation org as "master Org".. ?

2) From Item Attribute Control (Inv resp : setup --> Items --> Attribute Controls ) please check User Item Type, Item Status, Inventory Item is set at master level or not..

3) Suppose you made the item inactive.. Under purchasing Tab is the Purchased and Purchasable flags are getting unchecked..? Make sure both this flags are unchecked once you change the Item status as inactive ...

I asked so many questions in order to understand your issue better.. Hope you are not disturbed by my questions..

Regards,
                            S.P DASH
                            • 11. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                              Thanks your informatioin and I understand your purpose.

1) If you are using Master org, did you set the Item Validation org as "master Org".. ?
                              How can I set Item validation org as Master org?

2) From Item Attribute Control (Inv resp : setup --> Items --> Attribute Controls ) please check User Item Type, Item Status, Inventory Item is set at master level or not..
                              All setting are in Master Level.

3) Suppose you made the item inactive.. Under purchasing Tab is the Purchased and Purchasable flags are getting
                              unchecked..? Make sure both this flags are unchecked once you change the Item status as inactive ...

Make sure these 2 flags are un-checked.

Thanks,
                              Amy
                              • 12. Re: Inactive Items in Organizations and item master
                                UdayYadav
                                Dear Madam,
                                I need to know how you inactivate the item. If you are using status control, the status INACTIVE should be defined in status code and generally have all the status attributes disabled i.e. BOM Allowed, Build in WIP, Customer Orders Enabled, Internal Orders Enabled, Invoice Enabled, Transactable, Purchasable and Stockable.Associated with each status attribute is a Status Setting option. This option determines whether a status attribute value is set by the status code and is not updatable, defaulted and updatable, or not used when you define an item. You choose a Status Setting for a status attribute with the Item Attributes Controls window. For item not to be visible in PO line, Purchasable attribute should be under status control and it should not be on (disabled) in INACTIVE status code. To restrict an item from coming on to PO line simply disable item attribute Purchasable in item master and save your changes.

Edited by: user10317202 on Nov 17, 2009 9:57 PM