8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2009 11:53 PM by 400672 RSS

The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...

user88577
      After testing a little bit the product, i'm really annoyed by the ACP user interface. To be honest i dont think u can use it to handle the setup for an EBS project. The interface and features are really limited and with no so much features. It takes me a lot of times to setup the projects and analysing the results is even more tiring ....

1 - I wonder if there is a more direct way to go on the setup manager home screen. it really piss me off to have to go to 3-4 screen to access it.
      2 - The create like project is a nice feature if u want to apply the project to a new target but u have to manually update all the tasks to change the targets !
      3 - Viewing the results of each tasks for one execution is really tiring as there is no reall summary. why we dont have a screen summary for all the reports generated as in isetup ? Morevoer u have manually to download each result zip file if you want to save it somewhere. I've setuped some projects to compare setup and they have 10 or more reports per targets. could you imagine the time i loose to save all of these zip files each time i run It ? I could be great to have an option to bulk download all the results.
      4 - i've been though a lot of testing and of course i've some garbage data than i want to purge now. but it seems you cannot purge the projects ....

The last one and the most important but i think it's more related to isetup is the filters u can set up in your extract. when i asked to my functional team which filter i have to apply , what they gave me is most of the time something like that: A% AND B% OR C% .....
      but it's impossible to set OR condition in the filters ......
      it's why i'm obliged to set one extract per value and one report also ..... I wonder if someone has tried to customize isetup extracts (if it's possible) to implement OR condition in filters.

Edited by: Christophe Ortiz on Nov 19, 2009 3:09 PM
        • 1. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
          Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have taken care of some of the issues that you are talking about in the upcoming releases. Probably, you might find following features in the next release.

1) Filter -> We would provide the SQL to you. You are free to add any where clause of our choice. No restriction, whatever SQL supports that we support that.
          2) Transform -> Transform is going to be Excel based and you are free to transform any attributes of any Setup Object. Since setup data would be in Excel, you have all the advantages that Excel supports. You can pull the Transform to Project Plan and execute it like any other executions.
          3) Interface Mapping -> While transforming setup data, you would be provided with attribute mapping screen where you can define your own criteria for cascading the value from master to detail setup object.

There are other cool features coming up.

Disclaimer: This document is provided for information purposes only, and the contents hereof are subject to change
          without notice. This document is not warranted to be error-free, nor is it subject to any other warranties or conditions,
          whether expressed orally or implied in law, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a
          particular purpose. We specifically disclaim any liability with respect to this document, and no contractual obligations are
          formed either directly or indirectly by this document. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or
          by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
          • 2. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
            Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate and we are trying to improve it in upcoming releases.

Regarding your points:
            #1. To start with in 3.0.1 release, we are making the 'Tabs' as sticky, so you don't land in 'System Management' Tab every time, if you have previously selected 'Change Management' tab - a small improvement. It would avoid some extra clicks. We plan to put some customizable shortcuts in future releases, which would improve navigation further

#2. Project is more comprehensive and encapsulates multiple Extract/Load/Report Tasks across multiple instances. We would plan to use some default values for targets in future releases. (I will log a bug to track this)

#3. In general EM navigation is more complicated than what you find in EBS iSetup. We have plans to provide common search and summary screens (We already have this in road-map), thanks for confirming our use case.

#4. Purge routines are being planned for the same.

Your last point, is being taken care to an extent as in Mugunthan's response in ACP 3.0.1. It has powerful features viz. Off-line Transformation for all setup types, Advanced Filters etc. I am sure you find it more appealing than iSetup.

We value your feedback which helps to improve the product user experience. Stay tuned...
            --
            Thanks,
            Roopesh R
            • 3. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
              Hi Christophe,

Regarding purging the Projects, if you are willing to execute SQL on OMS database we can provide sql for deleting projects and its related executions.

Regards,
              Bindu.
              • 4. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
                user88577
                THanks for your replies. It's great news. I'm eager to get soon the new version.
                I'm interested to get the sql for deleting projects.

Thanks for your time
                • 5. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
                  user88577
                  I've discussed with my manager here. We are really intersted by the features u describe that are in the new version. Could you tell us when it will be available ?
                  The other point is that, if you have already a beta version and/or want to have some feedback in the field, we are ready to try it. Let me know how we can work together.

regards
                  • 6. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
                    user88577
                    as we are a little bit an rush i'm also interested by the SQL and the way to customize the filters to add OR/AND conditions.
                    thanks for your help
                    • 7. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
                      Hi Christophe,

Please replace $PROJECT_NAME_LIST in the below sql script to the list of project names you want to delete
                      For example if Project_1 and Project_2 are two projects, $PROJECT_NAME_LIST has to be replaced with 'Project_1','Project_2' and execute the following script in sequence on OMS database:
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_plan_details where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_plans where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_resources where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_targets where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_selection_sets where selection_set_code in
                      (select selection_set_code from ebs_az_prj_task_parameters where project_id in
                      (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST)));
                      delete from ebs_az_selection_set_entities where selection_set_code in
                      (select selection_set_code from ebs_az_prj_task_parameters where project_id in
                      (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST)));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_task_parameters where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_task_dependencies where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_execution_details where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_executions where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_prj_execution_sch where project_id in (select project_id from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST));
                      delete from ebs_az_projects where project_name in ($PROJECT_NAME_LIST);
                      commit;
                      Regards,
                      Bindu.
                      • 8. Re: The ACP user interface is not really designed for industrial usage ...
                        Hi Christophe,

Could you pls. mail the details viz. Customer, go-live plan etc. to iSetup_ww@oracle.com. We would forward it to our Product Management team.
                        --
                        Thanks,
                        Roopesh R