5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 1:10 PM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Extending the image

Just wondering what additional components should I utilize to test my demo scenario?
      I need to export all employees into a flat file - I have peoplecode snippet doing this.
      What build-in components should I utilize (I guess there is no Application Designer installed, isn't it?)
        • 1. Re: Extending the image
          Ivan Levendyan wrote:
          Just wondering what additional components should I utilize to test my demo scenario?
          I need to export all employees into a flat file - I have peoplecode snippet doing this.
          What build-in components should I utilize (I guess there is no Application Designer installed, isn't it?)
          Since AppDesigner is a Windows application only, no it is not provided (Peoplesoft VM are OEL5.2 based).
          You should install the corresponding Peopletools somewhere on a Windows workstation, and you could easily get a connection to the Peoplesoft VM database (2tier - with an Oracle client) and/or to the application server if you (re)configure it within a WSL port (3tier - without Oracle client).
          Note, by default WSL port is not activated onto the Peoplesoft App VM, it could be intersting to have it by default indeed.

Nicolas.

Added the note
          Edited by: N. Gasparotto (bis) on Nov 19, 2009 9:25 PM
          • 2. Re: Extending the image
            Thanks for that.
            And as for my scenario - are there any builtin ways of exporting employee data to a flat file (except PC snippet and Integration Broker)?
            • 3. Re: Extending the image
              Do you want to extract data without having "client" ? Well, I don't understand exactly what you're looking for, but since Peoplesoft VMs are pure DEMO databases you could ask this question on [Peoplesoft General forum|http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=432], maybe some people over there know it.

Nicolas.
              • 4. Re: Extending the image
                The main reason that the WSL is not enabled by default is twofold. Firstly, the WSL is not needed by the demo environment because it is expected that PIA will be the only client connect to the AppServer VM out-of-the-box. Secondly, PeopleTools 8.50 AppServer domains do not enable the WSL by default, this is something that administrators need to enable even in a non VM PeopleTools environment.
                • 5. Re: Extending the image
                  Nicolas.Gasparotto
                  user721178 wrote:
                  The main reason that the WSL is not enabled by default is twofold. Firstly, the WSL is not needed by the demo environment because it is expected that PIA will be the only client connect to the AppServer VM out-of-the-box. Secondly, PeopleTools 8.50 AppServer domains do not enable the WSL by default, this is something that administrators need to enable even in a non VM PeopleTools environment.
                  The main advantage to have a WSL port configured is that database client does not become mandatory on the workstation side, and also avoid some direct database connection. But agreed, this is nothing to do on our side.

Nicolas.