6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 7:16 AM by User10867493-Oracle

Centralize Requisition

User10867493-Oracle
      Hi all,

I have the case that we do centralize purchase requisition.
      Example: each person of different departments submit request to purchase to Purchasing dept. Here, the request will be checked (some general checking), then if it is okie, they will forward to appropriate manager (of each person who request)...
      Can we set up this under the workflow or do we need to customize the workflow? Btw, regarding EBS 11i.
      Please kindly help.

Thanks much...

Dau
        • 1. Re: Centralize Requisition
          UdayYadav
          I think there should be no issues in the implementation. The users of any department should be able to create a purchase requisition and submit and forward to any user of purchase section for perusal ( scrutiny ), the notification will be send to the purchase section user and on finding it fit, the purchase section user can approve and forward the notification to purchase requisition approval hierarchy of the department to which the initiator belongs. The Requisition will move in that that hierarchy and get approved as per approval assignment. This functionality is working fine in our company.
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Centralize Requisition
            you can leverage the general functionality of Position/Job Hierarchy. Once an employee submits the requisition, it automatically gets forwarded according the hierarchy setup the the appropriate person, who gets a notification to approve based on their approval limits setup.

If you are dealing with complex hierarchy structure, where the requisitions from certain employees gets forwarded to only a particular supervisor, then try creating multiple departments with position hierarchies within, so that when an employee from a particular departments creates a requisition, then it automatically gets forwarded to the appropriate supervisor.

In case, the employee knows who he is forwarding to, then he can directly forward the requisition through the Forward functionality in the Approval window to the supervisor through either approval path or forward to employee functions. :)
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Centralize Requisition
              User10867493-Oracle
              Thanks, I think it's right way.
              Btw, when Purchasing Dept qualifies, approved and forward to the manager for final approval, I have to input the name of the manager in. How to make it automatically? I have changed Forward Method (of document type to "Hierarchy") but still not get it automatically. Can you advise more detail... Sorry I am quite new for EBS..

Really Appreciate your helps.

Dau
              • 4. Re: Centralize Requisition
                S.PDASH
                Hi Dau,
                For your requirement, I believe iProcurement is the best solution.. You can do all procurement activities through one page of iProcurement instead of toggling between different options of standard Purchasing module.

Your question :
                When Purchasing Dept qualifies, approved and forward to the manager for final approval, I have to input the name of the manager in. How to make it automatically? I have changed Forward Method (of document type to "Hierarchy") but still not get it automatically.

Ans : When you forward a PO/Requisition to someone for approval means oracle understand the person is not in the normal approval process and you are bypassing the normal approval hierarchy or Employee-Supervisor approval process.. It's a standard functionality of oracle that when you try to forward your PO/requisition to someone for approval you have to mention the name of the person..

Hope I answer your question correctly.

Regards,
                S.P DASH
                • 5. Re: Centralize Requisition
                  UdayYadav
                  Dear Sir,
                  S.P Das has answered your additional query, if you think your query is resolved, please close the thread, marking the answers helpful and correct as per your requirement.
                  Regards,
                  Uday Yadav
                  • 6. Re: Centralize Requisition
                    User10867493-Oracle
                    Thanks All for your helps!

Regards,

Dau