3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 5:24 PM by 731897

Purchasing Approval Process Setup for AME

Hello All,

I am using the position approval process in ame-at the current time in the process of assisting with the implementation of Oracle 11i iprocurement. What are some of the options or setups I need to look at if an employee does not have a direct supervisor but the next logical workflow would be the Director? Is there an option that I know will skip to the next approver, since a particular employee does not have a direct report. Also, can it be setup to skip another business group for an approver?

Thanks
      TL
        • 1. Re: Purchasing Approval Process Setup for AME
          In this case, you can build multiple hierarchies for the use of approval process. Build an approval hierarchy for the employees which do not have a direct supervisor which includes the employees and the director and name the Hierarchy. In the Purchasing document type setup, allow the option to Change Forward TO, and instruct the employees to choose the appropriate path name while submitting for approval.

Also you can choose to forward document type method as " Direct" in the purchasing document type setup, to directly forward the document to the first person who has the approval authority in the approval path. This method still follows the approval path, but avoids the intermediate approvals, which may not be suitable for all environments.
          • 2. Re: Purchasing Approval Process Setup for AME
            Thanks for the information. Would you by any chance have access to the AME student guide? I will pass this information along to my Technical lead.

TL
            • 3. Re: Purchasing Approval Process Setup for AME
              yes i can. Let me know if this works out for you :)