This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2009 12:34 PM by john dickey, mccarthy RSS

How to schedule a package deployment enterprise server

731224 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
To deploy a package on enterprise server we should stop the web server
and so the users.
Is possible to schedule in some way the deploy by night?
My release of JDE is 9.0

thanks
  • 1. Re: How to schedule a package deployment enterprise server
    john dickey, mccarthy Expert
    Could you please be more specific about what kind of package you are wanting to deploy. JDE 9.0 would seem to indicate that you are on JDE World software. Maybe you are talking about a GUI interface for the users to use? Otherwise I cannot think of why a web server would be involved. Most JDE World customers are still running green screen, so we don't have experience with any GUI front ends. If you are talking about a GUI interface, what GUI interface software are you using?

John Dickey
  • 2. Re: How to schedule a package deployment enterprise server
    731224 Newbie
    From the client in Jdedwards solution explorer I go in GH9083 then I do the package assembly, then the package build in DEP900 and then I close the web server to do the deploy for the enterprise server
    Sorry If I can't explain well I'm a newbie about JDE
  • 3. Re: How to schedule a package deployment enterprise server
    john dickey, mccarthy Expert
    Ahh, I think you are running JD Edwards Enterprise One (used to be called One World). Enterprise One is technically very much different from JD Edwards World. There is actually a separate category in this forum for JD Edwards Enterprise One. You need to page down further past the JD Edwards World category to find the Enterprise One category. You definitely want to post your question there. At least you have learned now that there are two different JD Edwards ERP packages and they are technically very different from each other. So you do need to make sure you are dealing with the right product. Hope this helps.

John Dickey

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points