9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 2:58 AM by 768380

Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source

Josef_Reiterer
      Hello,

We have two organization (set of books). Every organisation has more than one inventory organization. Organization A create a Purchase Order, send the PO via mail to organization B. Organization B creates a Sales Order....
      Now we want to implement the internal requisition. Today I did the setup and tried to book a requisition. On the internal requisition form I can only select "supplier" for the field "source".

What could be the reason that I can't select "Inventory" for the source field??

Many thanks in advance,

Josef
        • 1. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
          S.PDASH
          Hi Josef,
          Could you please check what's the Profile option value for "PO: Legal Requisition Type" at site & Responsibility level?

You can set it as *"Both"* if you want to see Inventory and Supplier in Source field of requisition. I believe currently it is set as "Supplier" at your end...

Hope this will help.

Regards, :)
          S.P DASH
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
            Josef_Reiterer
            Hi S.P.

thanks for this hint, but it was already "BOTH" :(
            Do you have any other idea?

Regards,
            Josef
            • 3. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
              S.PDASH
              Hi Josef,
              Thanks for confirming... Would you mind to check few more things at your end..

1) Please check the Item attribute for the Item you are using in the internal requisition... Under Order Management Tab, please check "Internal Ordered and Internal orders enabled" check box is checked for the Item..

2) Incase you are using an inventory item are you able to select Destination type as "Inventory"? If the destination Type is "expense" then Source will be defaulted to "Supplier"..

We assume you have defined Ship to and bill to for your organization correctly.

Regards, :)
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                Josef_Reiterer
                Hi S.P.

that's really odd...
                I can confirm both points, 1 and 2.
                The used item has both checkboxes activated and the destination type is "inventory".

Reagarding Ship To and Bill To: Is there any special point which should be considered?

Thanks,
                Josef
                • 5. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi Josef,
                  Thanks for confirming on 1 & 2. Sorry, in my earlier post I mentioned about Ship to & Bill to, please read it as location setup.

Please ensure following points..

1) Your 2 orgs are under same OU or different OUs ?

2) Destination Location selected in requisition form is same as what you defined in Organization location ?

3) Item is assigned to both Inventory org with relevant attributes.

4) Shipping netwrok is defined between 2 orgs.

5) Please check Sourcing rule and Sourcing rule assignment set..

6) "MRP: Default Sourcing Assignment Set" Profile option should have above Sourcing rule Assignment set.

Regards,
                  S.P DASH

Edited by: spdash12 on Nov 27, 2009 7:40 PM
                  • 6. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                    Make sure to assign the hr location that you are using as destination locatin on internal req is linked to a customer's ship to. In effect there should be a record in po_location_associations_all table for this hr location. That us how it knows as to which customer to use for internal sakes order.
                    Thanks
                    Nagamohan
                    1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                      Josef_Reiterer
                      Hello Nagamohan,

yes, there is an entry in this table.
                      There are values for location_id, customer_id, address_id, site_use_id, organization_id and org_id. But there are no values vor vendor_id or vendor_site_id.

Should there be values for those vendor fields?

Thanks,
                      Josef
                      • 8. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                        Josef_Reiterer
                        Hello S.P.

@1:
                        There are two different OUs. Each has more than one inventory organization

@2:
                        yes, it's the same

@3:
                        yes
                        At the destination inventory organization I further entered the information for General Planning: Source Type (=Inventory), Organization (=Source)
                        Is the make/buy field relevant?

@4:
                        yes

@5:
                        there is a sourcing rule at the destination organization.
                        I set an end date for the "effective date" but I can't purge the shipping organization lines or the whole sourcing rule.

@6:
                        There is no value for this profile option.

Thank you once more :)

Josef
                        • 9. Re: Internal Requisition - Only Supplier as source
                          hi morning,

today,i too have same a problem when i do a test about IPR/ISO under two different OU and Inventory,i already setup them.