This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:40 AM by 880697 RSS

two nodes

734688 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hai
i have 2 nodes.one node named node 1 having conc server,admin server and db and other node having forms server and the web server and it is node 2.

so here in this case i have shared appltop

so, here to apply the adpatch i have to apply it in node 1 and again i have tp apply it in node 2 (or) just apply the patch in node 1 and run the autoconfig in node 2
  • 1. Re: two nodes
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi,
    so, here to apply the adpatch i have to apply it in node 1 and again i have tp apply it in node 2 (or) just apply the patch in node 1 and run the autoconfig in node 2
    Apply it on any of the nodes, then run AutoConfig on all nodes.

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: two nodes
    734688 Newbie
    hussein
    in a shared appl top env whenever we apply the patch in one node we have to run autoconfig on all other nodes where the application tier components are existing .

is this statement correct

so should we run the autoconfig only at the applications level? no need to run the autoconfig on the database level in database tier?
  • 3. Re: two nodes
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi,
    in a shared appl top env whenever we apply the patch in one node we have to run autoconfig on all other nodes where the application tier components are existing .

is this statement correct
    Yes.
    so should we run the autoconfig only at the applications level? no need to run the autoconfig on the database level in database tier?
    Just on the application tier nodes (you can still run it on the database tier node but this is optional). If you are instructed to run it on the database tier node by the patch README file, then you will have to do.

Regards,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: two nodes
    734688 Newbie
    Hai Hussein
    thanks a lot hussein.i knew,i troubled u a lot to know things.Thanks for maintaining patience for all my queries.now iam clear with multinode

once agin thanks a lot.........
  • 5. Re: two nodes
    880697 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

We are also having same environment, In Node A Batch Processing service, Root Service, DB & In Node B forms & Web server. Our DB size is 1.3 TB, Apps Version is 12.1.1 DB version is 11.1.0.7.

Our previous up-gradation partner did not setup OATM migration after 11i to R12.1.1 Upgrade. So now planning to go OATM. After that planning to upgrade EBS to 12.1.3 with 11.2.0.3 or latest release.

Further we would also like to change current environment to

Shared Application Tier
    PCP Configuration
    Best Load balancer for this (Shared Application Tier) environment.

Please suggest Hardware & space requirements for the activities.

I am reading the below docs to implement successfully.
    Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 384248.1]
    Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 380489.1]     

OATM
    Note IDs

Thanks
    DBA

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points