1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 1:06 AM by 723209 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
        ADFBeginer
        Change working direcotry path in formsweb.cfg
        copy and paste your working directory from formsweb.cfg
        • 16. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
          Did you tried this?

2. Test by calling the report directly with a browser using the following syntax:

http://machine.domain:port/reports/rwservlet?report=myreport&server=rep_server_name&userid=un/pw@dbconnect&desformat=pdf&destype=cache
          • 17. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
            Sarah
            yeah i am using xp Sp3 and its working fine.

here is code!!!
            DECLARE 
            repid REPORT_OBJECT;
            v_rep VARCHAR2(100);
            rep_status VARCHAR2(20);

BEGIN

repid := FIND_REPORT_OBJECT('REPORT6');
            SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_COMM_MODE,SYNCHRONOUS);
            SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESTYPE,cache);
            SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_DESFORMAT,'PDF');
            SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(repid,REPORT_OTHER, 'paramform=no p_serial=' || to_char(:ins1.serial) );

v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);
            rep_status := REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS(v_rep); 
            WHILE rep_status in ('RUNNING','OPENING_REPORT','ENQUEUED') 
            LOOP 
              rep_status := report_object_status(v_rep); 
            END LOOP; 

if
             rep_status = 'FINISHED'
            then
              WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT('http://Sarah:8889/reports/rwservlet/getjobid'||substr(v_rep,instr(v_rep,'_',-1)+1) ||
              '?server=repserver' ); 
            else
              message ( 'error while running reports-object '  || error_text );
              message ( ' ' );
              clear_message;
            end if;
            end; 
            Sarah
            • 18. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
              I was also facing the same problem in windows xp. I resolved the issue by shorting the name of report (rdf) file up to 15 characters. My report name was more than 15 characters long and it was generating error frm-92101 on calling the report.
              If same issue is with some one else, this solution can be tried. It resolved my problem. Please share your experience with other also.
              • 19. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
                I was also having same issue on windows xp. I found solution by changing the length of report file name (rdf) less then 15 characters. My report file name was more than 20 characters long.
                This resolved my problem.
                • 20. Re: frm-92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.
                  I was also facing frm-92101 problem on windows xp. I have installed oracle database/developer 10G on the same machine. I am using oc4j and rwserver command for oracle report server. I have not installed any application server separately on my machine.
                  My problem was the long file name for report file (rdf) file. Limit your file name to less than 15 characters and run the report. My problem was resolved doing this.

Please share your experience with others also.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  1 2 Previous Next