This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 4:33 AM by 206307 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    user8742475 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Susan,

I found more errors when testing SVN. Here's what I did. I have two Jdeveloper 11.1.1.2 sessions on two different machines A and B. After I versioned the application following your steps above, here's what I did

1) I created an empty SOA project and commit working directory on A machine. On B machine, I updated working directory and added a bpel process. Then I got the error WSDL Read Error.
    2) I checked out the SOA application into a new working directory and the SOA project was not brought in properly. It did not have all the files for a proper SOA structure in the Application Navigator.

Other notices

3) When you have a new SOA under incoming tab, you have to do an update working directory in order for it to work. If you selected Update button in the Incoming tab, the project will not be brought in correctly.
    4) Unexpected Error occured randomly as well.

Will there be an update to JDeveloper regarding SVN soon because as it is right now, I don't think it's stable to use yet.

Thanks,
    Andy
  • 31. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    9448 Explorer
    Hi Andy,

I am obviously concerned that you don't feel that JDeveloper and our SVN functionality is stable, however, I can't agree with you.

There is a bug outsanding concerning the WSDL compile message - but this does not seem to stop one from working.

I have not been able to reproduce any 'Unexpected Errors' and need help from you with a test case or perhaps a sample app where this occurs.

Concerning the Pending Changes - Incoming Changes tab:
    This tab shows you all the files that have been changed in the SVN repository when the repository was last polled. In order to update all of those you must multi-select them in that window and press the Update button.
    The alternative is to use the Update Working Copy menu - this updates all files in your working copy, regardless of whether you have selected them in Incoming Changes or not. In fact, you may not have seen any files in Incoming Changes - due to the frequency that Incoming Changes polls the repository - but using the Update Working Copy command will refresh from the repository and bring in all changes and new files.
    By default the repository is polled every 15 minutes (the more often it is done, the more the drain on resources) but you can do a manual refresh or set the interval through Preferences.

It does seem that SOA projects create additional files 'on the fly' and so I would recommend that you use the Commit Working Copy command frequently to ensure that those files are not missed when you do a commit.

I do want to change your opinion, so please give me the opportunity to get there!

rgds

Susan
  • 32. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    user8762402 Newbie
    Hi Susan,

I want to use JDeveloper to manage SVN. Here's what I did in my test case

1) I have two JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0 sessions on two separate machines
    2) I created an SOA application and one SOA project and versioned it using your suggested steps
    3) I modified the project on one machine, checked it in and checked it out on the other machine
    4) I created additional SOA projects on one machine, checked it in and checked it out on the other machine
    5) I modified the bpel processes and checked them in and checked them out on the other machine
    6) Repeat steps 4-5 steps on both machines

You will see the unexpected errors as they happen randomly. During my testing, I only used Update Working Directory and Commit Working Directory because the Update button on the Incoming Tab does not work for me when you create a new SOA project on one machine and check it out on the other machine.

Please keep me updated on the progress of JDeveloper regarding the bugs.

Thanks,
    Andy
  • 33. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0
    549861 Newbie
    I just now tried this in my environment and I am able to easily reproduce the error that you are seeing. We are investigating the issue. But its an harmless issue. If you try to compile your SOA project it will compile successfully. It compiled fine for me.
  • 34. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    698260 Newbie
    Dear Susan,

I have a similar concern regarding the Incoming Changes Tab in the Pending Changes window and I tried following your suggestions to Andy, but this did not work for JDeveloper 11.1.1.2. It was previously working for JDeveloper 11.1.1.1.0.

I have created a new thread for my issue since it is not related to the Update Working Copy problem.

Please see the link below:

Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0 - Problem/ Bug in Incoming Changes Tab

Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0 - Problem/ Bug in Incoming Changes Tab
  • 35. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    206307 Pro
    Another workarround is using JDeveloper and the SVN plugin and NOT TortoiseSVN concurrently in the same direcotry.

Marc
    http://orasoa.blogspot.com
  • 36. Re: Update working copy does not work for Subversion in JDeveloper 11.1.1.2
    206307 Pro
    Susan,

Any update on this issue? My latest workarround is not working for my current customer.

Marc
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points