5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2009 4:17 PM by sparkeye

Finally Close PO Automatically

Lisan
      Hi Friends,

Is it possible to Finally Close po automatically when all the task is completed with the PO? If yes please tell me where can I set this?

Thanks in advance.

LISAN
        • 1. Re: Finally Close PO Automatically
          S.PDASH
          Hi LISAN,
          It is not clear why you want to change the PO status as "Finally Closed" manually when all the tasks are complete. Let the system take care of this, why you want to do it manually..any specific reason for this??

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Finally Close PO Automatically
            Lisan
            Hi,

thanks for your reply. Does POs get Finally Closed automatically when all the activities are completed? im not sure. but i found following lines in Oracle 11i purchasing user guide 233 page.

_You should final close documents or their components only if you are
            absolutely certain that all desired activities have been completed; you
            cannot undo a final–close action._

im using oracle 11i. pls give me a feedback.

Thanks,
            LISAN
            • 3. Re: Finally Close PO Automatically
              S.PDASH
              Hi Lisan,
              Yes you are right.. PO status can be changed to "finally closed" status manually...

PO header will be closed after :
              1) All shipments are closed
              2) All PO lines are closed
              3) Depends on the tolerance setup in PO lines get closed

Once PO is closed for Invoicing and receiving, PO status can be changed to "Finally Closed" manually.

Please look for any PO API's through which you can change PO status to "Finally Closed".

Hope this will help. :)

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Finally Close PO Automatically
                Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                As far as I know, there is no API to update the status to FINALLY CLOSED.
                • 5. Re: Finally Close PO Automatically
                  sparkeye
                  I'm now using R12 and would like to know if the system have an option to AUTOMATICALLY change the status to FINALLY CLOSED when all the criteria has been matched.