- 3,675,605 Users
- 11,591 Discussions
- 18,509 Comments
Sr. Oracle RMS Engineer Opening - Nordstrom - Full-Time - Seattle, WA
Position Type: Full-Time, Immediate Need
Location: Seattle, WA - Relocation assistance will be provided if need be
How To Apply: Please send an email with resume attached directly to [email protected]. Use reference # R-82745.
Company Website: Nordstrom Careers
INV RMS Sr Eng Job Description
Senior Engineer – Inventory Management
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a skilled individual to provide valuable technical expertise to our projects and production support for our selling systems.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Information Technologies division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Inventory Management platform team as we intensify the pace of innovation and move towards future growth through technology solutions. This position specifically focuses on supporting Oracle Retail Merchandising Systems, associated Integration Modernization, Tooling, UIs and Dashboards enabling Inventory Management Teams & Information Workers to manage and move unit & dollar inventory. You will help us design, implement & support software on-prem as well as on AWS Cloud to drive the next generation of Retail Inventory management systems and cloud-based tools & services in the Inventory domain. You should thrive in a collaborative, intellectually challenging environment, and be prepared to work with team members and lead by influence across teams to create high-quality, cutting edge software solutions.
An Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
- Develop & optimize Oracle’s Merchandising Operations Management Suite v14.1 to support Nordstrom’s Inventory Management capabilities.
- Implement & Support Oracle’s Retail Management System (RMS) v14.1, Store Inventory Management (SIM) v14.1 & Retail Integration Bus (RIB) v14.1 for Nordstrom’s Inventory domain.
- Develop PL/SQL packages, shell scripts and web services per functional and technical specifications that meet business requirements and Nordstrom guidelines & standards.
- Develop modern, large scale RESTful Micro Services and modern web-based integrations, tools, applications, dashboards & reports for use by internal business & tech teams in a fast-paced retail environment
- Design and build distributed systems & APIs that integrate with a larger merchandising retail ecosystem
- Serves as lead engineering resource in cross functional team dealing with challenging engineering problem or opportunity
- Makes decisions which influence and impact the success of cross-team initiatives
- Resolves complex engineering problems, collaborating with others
- Takes accountability for resolving specific issues within a particular area, application, technology or system
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support (all team members are expected to take an on-call shift to support our systems 24/7.)
- Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams - business stakeholders, engineers, program management, project management etc. to produce the most optimal solutions.
- Mentors junior developers to grow them to similar levels of technical expertise.
- Works in a DevOps model to own the end to end solution from development to delivery and support.
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Anticipate system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same.
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage.
- Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery
- Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understands, leverages and applies best practices effectively
- 7+ years of professional experience in Oracle’s Merchandising Operations Management system with exposure to Retail Management System v9.0+ & Retail Price Management System (RPM) v9.0+
- 7+ years of current professional experience working with Java
- 2+ years of experience building Allocation tools for inventory deployment across retail locations
- 2+ years of professional experience building RESTful or SOAP API
- 2+ years of professional experience in shell scripting languages such as bash or ksh
- Experience in the data modeling software such as CA Erwin
- Experience with scheduling software such as BMC Control-M
- Experience in the retail or e-commerce space
- Oracle Retail Price Management System v9.0+
- Retail Integration Bus (RIB)
- Core Java & J2EE Platform (Web-services & JDBC)
- Git, Mercurial, Maven, JSON, XML
- Shell Scripting Languages (e.g., bash or ksh)
- API development technologies (REST & SOAP)
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition v10g+
- PL/SQL packages
- Pro*C SQL programming language
- Objected oriented principles and Java design patterns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Linux/Unix experience