- 3,675,605 Users
- 11,591 Discussions
- 18,509 Comments
Oracle Data and Services Engineer - Nordstrom - Seattle, WA - Full-Time/Immediate Need
Position Type: Full-Time, Immediate Need
Location: Seattle, WA (Relocation assistance provided if need be)
How to Apply: Please send email with resume attached to [email protected] (use reference # R-80009)
Company Website: Nordstrom Careers
We are scaling up the organization to deliver on the mission by following Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies. We continue to focus on engineering excellence to provide best customer experience to our internal as well as external users. These capabilities will improve our speed to market, and enable us to deliver differentiated, reliable, scalable and flexible Product Catalog experience to drive our Omni-Channel retail growth strategy for the year 2020.
We are looking for a developer responsible for enriching/enhancing our application, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
A day in the life...
- Core Developer as part of Engineering team supporting Product Data Management solution
- Contribute to the long term strategy for Product data management
- Drive on-going refinement and improvement of operating practices and procedures to ensure quality of service
- Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C#/Java code
- Implement or modify all aspects of an application design – high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - business stakeholders, engineers, program management - to produce the best solutions possible
- Design, manage, and maintain tools for automation
- Assess the impact of new development across the EPM platform and provide recommendations to ensure platform stability and performance
- Responsible for CICD and production issues (DevOps)
- Adjusts positively to quickly changing priorities and shifting goals
You own this if you…
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in design, development and maintenance of Enterprise software solutions.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with large scale enterprise data management system is a plus
- Proven experience in designing and development of SOA and REST APIs
- Experience working in relation databases like MS SQL Server is a plus
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Experience in Agile software development
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure) is a plus
- Git and GitHub experience a plus