Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Announcing the Eloqua University 2014 Modern Marketing Luminary Program

edited January 2014 in Social Groups

Eloqua University is expanding the current Masters program to recognize Modern Marketing Luminaries. The Eloqua Masters program was originally designed to recognize Eloqua product and Modern Marketing knowledge with two different titles. It has been a huge success and thousands of individuals have gone through this program gaining skills recognized and coveted throughout the industry.

We’ve been honored to award the many Eloqua and RPM masters we have today and we are committed to expanding these recognition opportunities as the field of Modern Marketing expands. This is why we’re so excited to release the 2014 Modern Marketing Luminary program.

What is a 2014 Eloqua Modern Marketing Luminary?

A Modern Marketing Luminary is an individual who has all of the knowledge of a 2014 Eloqua Master, along with proficiency in the five tenets of modern marketing. He or she is a thought leader in the modern marketing space, capable of defining effective marketing strategies and implementing them with the Eloqua product. The path to becoming a Modern Marketing Luminary starts by becoming an Eloqua 2014 Master.

What is a 2014 Eloqua Master?

The Eloqua University 2014 Masters requires the completion of: the Eloqua 10 Fundamentals series, the Revenue Performance Management (RPM) series, and an exam that covers both. More information will be posted on this page soon. Stay tuned! Eloqua 2014 Masters will also receive a corresponding Topliners badge.

What If I’m Already a Master?

If you achieved your Eloqua Product and RPM Masters prior to Dec 31, 2013, good news! You will automatically be rolled over to a 2014 Master – we won’t even make you take the new Masters exam! (If you are one or two classes short, yes, you will need to finish those courses and pass the final Masters Exam. You can do it!)

EDU_CustomerComm_2014Masters.jpg

How Do I Get From a Master to a Luminary?

Being a Master is just the beginning. Masters, can earn “Specialties” in one or more of the 5 Tenets of Modern Marketing – Targeting, Engagement, Conversion, Marketing Technology and Analysis. There are Eloqua University courses aligned with each tenet. To receive a specialty in a tenet and earn a corresponding Topliners badge, you simply need to complete all courses aligned with that Tenet. Visit this page to see the courses aligned to each tenet.

EDU_CustomerComm_2014Luminary.jpg

Those who earn specialties in all 5 Tenets can attempt to earn the Eloqua Modern Marketing Luminary title. Earning this title requires successful completion of an exam and a demonstration of Modern Marketing thought leadership. Watch this page for updates on the detailed requirements. The Modern Marketing Luminary title is very difficult to earn and will not be for everyone. Those who obtain it are truly thought leaders and an example to others in our industry.

When Will We Start Seeing the New Logos and Topliners Badges?

We’re working right now to credit everyone who is already eligible for 2014 Masters status. We expect to have transcripts loaded and new badges in the appropriate profiles by the end of February. Going forward, the new badges you earn will load once a month. In the interim, every class you take on the Modern Marketing Luminary path counts. So keep learning and we’ll make sure to record and recognize your efforts.

What Should I Expect for the Masters and Modern Marketing Luminary Titles in 2015?

The field of Modern Marketing is rapidly evolving. Thus it’s necessary to keep recognition titles current. Anyone who earns the Eloqua Modern Marketing Luminary or Master title today, receives recognition on Topliners and a logo stamped with the year to identify relevance. In 2015 there will be a bridge allowing those with 2014 titles to obtain a 2015 title. The bridge will require participants to learn and demonstrate an understanding of any Eloqua product or best practice additions relevant to their title that occurred in the previous year.

Finally, to all Eloqua University students we’d like to say, congratulations on your successes thus far and best of luck on your journey to achieving your 2014 Masters. We look forward to seeing you in class and watching your continued growth. Should you have any questions, leave a comment below or contact us directly at [email protected].

The Eloqua University Team

Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• krista.seidemannkrista.seidemann Posts: 41 Gold Trophy

What about those that received their Masters prior to 2013? Will there be additional coursework we need to complete before entering the Luminary Program?

• What about those that received their Masters prior to 2013? Will there be additional coursework we need to complete before entering the Luminary Program?

If you have your Product Masters and RPM Masters already (received prior to Dec 31, 2013), then you will automatically be rolled over to a 2014 Master. If you have one or the other (i.e. you received your Product Masters, but not your RPM Master), then you will need to take the remaining courses (RPM series and their exams) and there will be a new 2014 Masters exam. Let me know if that does not make sense.

• If you have your Product Masters and RPM Masters already (received prior to Dec 31, 2013), then you will automatically be rolled over to a 2014 Master. If you have one or the other (i.e. you received your Product Masters, but not your RPM Master), then you will need to take the remaining courses (RPM series and their exams) and there will be a new 2014 Masters exam. Let me know if that does not make sense.

Realized I didn't answer your entire question! Once you are a 2014 Master, you will then be able to earn the Tenet badges (or Specialties) - Engagement, Analysis, etc.. Once you earned all of those, then you will be able to work on the Luminary program. We haven't released details on that yet, but standby!

• krista.seidemannkrista.seidemann Posts: 41 Gold Trophy

Realized I didn't answer your entire question! Once you are a 2014 Master, you will then be able to earn the Tenet badges (or Specialties) - Engagement, Analysis, etc.. Once you earned all of those, then you will be able to work on the Luminary program. We haven't released details on that yet, but standby!

Is there anything besides a University All-Access Pass we need to complete the Tenent badges?

• shanelabshanelab Posts: 27 Bronze Crown

@Kristin Farwell  Maybe if we have both certifications we could use topliners points for access for continuing education.

cc @Leigh Burke

• Hi @Krista Seidemann thanks for considering the Luminary program. We're really looking forward to seeing who the 2014 Modern Marketing Luminaries will be. You don't need anything beyond the AAEP (except time :-) to pursue Luminary and unfortunately @Shane LaBounty ;-) one can't pursue the Luminary with anything other than an AAEP. The Luminary program is designed specifically for our passholders and is made possible by the Eloqua University subscription base. I do agree with the notion behind your suggestion though. Topliner's interactions have real world educational value. We haven't released the specifics of the Luminary exam yet, but you'll see this same notion reflected in the requirements.

Hi @Krista Seidemann thanks for considering the Luminary program. We're really looking forward to seeing who the 2014 Modern Marketing Luminaries will be. You don't need anything beyond the AAEP (except time :-) to pursue Luminary and unfortunately @Shane LaBounty ;-) one can't pursue the Luminary with anything other than an AAEP. The Luminary program is designed specifically for our passholders and is made possible by the Eloqua University subscription base. I do agree with the notion behind your suggestion though. Topliner's interactions have real world educational value. We haven't released the specifics of the Luminary exam yet, but you'll see this same notion reflected in the requirements.

@Rhonda Keller Understand and i think that University passes are some of our best investments. We are expanding to new stakeholders in 2014, just hard to justify the training price once you obtain the certifications. Maybe if there was a lower price if you renew and have certs.

• anita.singhanita.singh Posts: 46 Bronze Trophy

If you have your Product Masters and RPM Masters already (received prior to Dec 31, 2013), then you will automatically be rolled over to a 2014 Master. If you have one or the other (i.e. you received your Product Masters, but not your RPM Master), then you will need to take the remaining courses (RPM series and their exams) and there will be a new 2014 Masters exam. Let me know if that does not make sense.

I really hope that is true as I've had to retake previous Masters to keep myself as an Eloqua Master through the years. This is the third change (if I recall correctly) of the certification and it would be nice if I didn't have to retake courses and tests again.

• I really hope that is true as I've had to retake previous Masters to keep myself as an Eloqua Master through the years. This is the third change (if I recall correctly) of the certification and it would be nice if I didn't have to retake courses and tests again.

@Anita Singh, as long as you were an Eloqua Master (product) and RPM Master at the time of this change, then it will transition seamlessly to a 2014 Master. If you want to earn additional recognitions such as the Tenet Specialties and Luminary, that is up to you. And then, please note that we are introducing yearly recertifications to keep everyone current going forward (that's noted above in the section "What Should I Expect for the Masters and Modern Marketing Luminary Titles in 2015?").

• anita.singhanita.singh Posts: 46 Bronze Trophy

@Anita Singh, as long as you were an Eloqua Master (product) and RPM Master at the time of this change, then it will transition seamlessly to a 2014 Master. If you want to earn additional recognitions such as the Tenet Specialties and Luminary, that is up to you. And then, please note that we are introducing yearly recertifications to keep everyone current going forward (that's noted above in the section "What Should I Expect for the Masters and Modern Marketing Luminary Titles in 2015?").

I'm glad that you are having a formal recertification going forward. I don't mind taking the tests, it's repeating the same courses again and again that's is my biggest concern.

I'm glad that you are having a formal recertification going forward. I don't mind taking the tests, it's repeating the same courses again and again that's is my biggest concern.

@Kristin Farwell   Do we have to have an education pass to recertify?

• Cullen RuffnerCullen Ruffner Posts: 20 Bronze Crown

This is great looking forward to it

• I'm glad that you are having a formal recertification going forward. I don't mind taking the tests, it's repeating the same courses again and again that's is my biggest concern.

Agreed. Can I test out?

• Vickie Le Sellin-OracleVickie Le Sellin-Oracle Posts: 31 Gold Trophy

I could use a refresher... LOL

• I passed fundamentals of Eloqua 10, and I love how the learning curve is constantly expanding into more specialized opportunities.

• @Shane LaBounty Yes, an AAEP is required. The Masters and Luminary titles are exclusively Eloqua U programs. So one of the benefits of an AAEP is the ability to take the courses we’re releasing for more advanced users and keep the Master or Luminary title current.

@Blake Cohlan Students can test out of Fundamentals, but everything else requires participation.

@Cullen Ruffner, @Vickie Le Sellin, @Otilia Antipa - Thanks for the feedback! Happy to hear you guys are looking forward to it and enjoying the classes. Can't wait to hear what you think as you continue on. Keep us posted!

• @Shane LaBounty circling back to your discount question, I totally understand and am really glad to hear that the AAEPs have been a good investment for you. From our perspective, the rate for a full year of unlimited access to a consistently growing catalog is already heavily discounted. We strive to keep the pass price low, because we believe that Eloqua U access is important for Modern Marketing success. We'll strive to retain advanced users like yourself through education you view as valuable, rather than through further price reductions. Along those lines, I'd love for you to send me a direct note on topics or content you would like to see in Eloqua U and thanks so much for the feedback you've already supplied!

• 28740782874078 Posts: 4 Silver Badge

@Shane LaBounty Yes, an AAEP is required. The Masters and Luminary titles are exclusively Eloqua U programs. So one of the benefits of an AAEP is the ability to take the courses we’re releasing for more advanced users and keep the Master or Luminary title current.

@Blake Cohlan Students can test out of Fundamentals, but everything else requires participation.

@Cullen Ruffner, @Vickie Le Sellin, @Otilia Antipa - Thanks for the feedback! Happy to hear you guys are looking forward to it and enjoying the classes. Can't wait to hear what you think as you continue on. Keep us posted!

I have to say that I'm very disappointed to hear that you will have to have an AAEP to take the recertification exams.

I became an SFDC certified admin when they introduced the program back in 2008 and a big part of the reason I've been able to maintain the certification is that the cost to do so is trivial enough that I can justify paying for it out of my own pocket.

I understand that new courses will be offered to help prepare for these tests, but if I'm able to learn the new materials on my own and pass the test, why do I (or my company) need to pay for an AAEP? I almost feel like I'm being punished and have to lose my certification if I can't justify the cost to my company or afford to pay for it myself.

• tompkins506tompkins506 Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

So a clarification. If you had your Product Masters you pretty much have to start from scratch?

• Hi Sarah, no you're half way there. When you pick up the RPM courses and exam, you'll have all that's needed for the 2014 Masters :-)

• Hi @Ida Barrie the intent is definitely not to punish you. If that were the case we'd make you sit through our staff meetings ;-) I'm so appreciative of the candid feedback this forum allows and we geniunly consider all of your ideas related to increasing the value of Eloqua University. Unfortunately, there's not much room left for budging around providing reduced cost or free services. One of the values of the AAEP, particularly as we map into the Luminary track is the participation in Modern Marketing best practice courses and discussions. Unlike primarly product focused certifications, where information can be self-taught, Best Practice information is not a solo pursuit. It requires collecting insight from a community of users, formalizing, documenting, and teaching to others. These efforts are labor intensive and have associated costs, beyond examination administration. I agree that justifying the cost of the AAEP is difficult if the only reason were to update the year on a recognition title. If the intent is continuing professional education then the AAEP continues to be a great value.

• Hi - sounds great, a new challenge!

I can't seem to find Eloqua Sales Tools in the course library... is that coming soon? Also, do previous course completions count towards the tenets?

• Hi @James Norris Eloqua Sales Tools is live. You can find it in... Course Library > All Self Paced (WBT). It's item # 14. A bit of a hunt I know ;-) We're working on  a course search field. Great point about courses previosly taken and one that's relevent to @Sarah Tompkins' question. If you've already taken a course that maps to one of the five Tenets you recieve credit within that Tenet. This is particularly applicable to 2013 Masters as many of the courses they took to obtain their 2013 Masters will automatically translate to Tenet credit when they update to a 2014 Master.

Thanks for the questions!

• megbmegb Posts: 1

Will you be offering more RPM class times? The classes are spread out, and since we have to take them in a certain order, it limits our ability to complete them in a timely manner.

• Will you be offering more RPM class times? The classes are spread out, and since we have to take them in a certain order, it limits our ability to complete them in a timely manner.

Hi @Meghan Bardwell - Regarding the number of RPM classes on the calendar, we schedule our live, instructor led classes based on demand. We are constantly reevaluating our course schedule and the supported time zones. We will definitely look to add more classes if waitlists become a problem with more people ramping on classes to get their Masters. There's a method to the madness!

• Hi Kristin: Very excited about the program! Two clarifying questions: (1) What is the exact name of the exam?  (2) Will it be listed in my Learning History (as opposed to the Course Catalog)?

• jeff.cullimorejeff.cullimore Posts: 1 Silver Badge

Looking forward to the details!

• Hi Kristin: Very excited about the program! Two clarifying questions: (1) What is the exact name of the exam?  (2) Will it be listed in my Learning History (as opposed to the Course Catalog)?

@Jennifer Anne The Masters Exam isn't ready yet, but we'll be updating transcripts in February to make that available. We'll be sure to let everyone know when it's ready and you can take it. (There will likely be another FAQ document posted here on Topliners with screenshots so you know exactly where to go and what to look for). In the meantime, if you've completed the requirements for the Masters (woohoo!!), don't stop! You can start taking classes that align to the 5 Tenets so you have a head start on earning your Specialty badges. This page has been updated with the courses aligned to each tenet.

• Cullen RuffnerCullen Ruffner Posts: 20 Bronze Crown

Hey @Kristin Farwell I was wondering when we can see the requirements update on for the Luminary Tenents?

• Ah, yes! I actually updated this post last week, but forgot to leave a comment. Is this your way of telling me you aren't a mind reader, @Cullen Ruffner? I thought that was one of your many skills.

The courses aligned to the Tenet Specialties have been added to this page. Note, some of the courses are coming soon, so you won't be able to achieve that Specialty yet, but don't let that stop you from taking all the rest! Once you do take all the courses, the badges here in Topliners will be awarded on a monthly basis. If you feel it's been more than a month since you have taken the courses and still don't see the badge, you can send an email to [email protected] and copy [email protected] and they'll check it out for you.

Sooooo... you ready for this? Which Tenet are you going to tackle first?