Discussions

Deleting Test form submissions in E10

Options
Unknown
edited September 2015 in Dream It

Originally submitted by Ty Nilsson: E10 needs the feature that allows form data submissions to be deleted. It's counter intuitive to create a TEST form for testing and then make a copy of it for production.

Post edited by Unknown User on
7 votes

Partially implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 79 Silver Badge

Hi @Egan Cheung-Oracle

Could you please explain how this idea has been delivered?

"Exclude from reporting" isn't exactly the same.

Thanks.

• Hi @Egan Cheung-Oracle

Could you please explain how this idea has been delivered?

"Exclude from reporting" isn't exactly the same.

Thanks.

@claudiazoglmann When examining the use cases for deleting a form submission, we looked at operational reporting, Insight reporting, and activity tracking. What most marketers wanted was the ability to have remove test submissions and not have those submissions affect reporting, hence the "Exclude from reporting." As we look at moving towards having draft and live landing pages, we can incorporate "test" submission functionality similar to "test" emails.

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 79 Silver Badge

@claudiazoglmann When examining the use cases for deleting a form submission, we looked at operational reporting, Insight reporting, and activity tracking. What most marketers wanted was the ability to have remove test submissions and not have those submissions affect reporting, hence the "Exclude from reporting." As we look at moving towards having draft and live landing pages, we can incorporate "test" submission functionality similar to "test" emails.

Thanks, @Thamina Christensen-Oracle. However, deleting test submissions is an existing E9 functionality. It's just not available in the E10 interface.

• shanelab
    shanelab Posts: 18 Bronze Crown

Egan Cheung-Oracle I disagree I actually want it out of my form data completely. Should I add a new idea for this feature? Would it be possible to set a domain like @test.com to be removed from form data at some point?

• Sara Howes-Oracle
    Sara Howes-Oracle Posts: 23 Green Ribbon
    edited September 2015

Hi everybody -

I would set this feature to "partially delivered," as it's become clear through this thread that while we've hit some use cases, we haven't yet addressed others in E10. However, doing so will prevent further voting on it, so I'll leave it as Active for now. Please note that I've added the request to completely remove the form data to our backlog as a future enhancement.

As always, thank you so much for sharing your insights. We product managers love to hear from all of you.

- Sara Howes, Senior Product Manager

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jeffery_wright
    jeffery_wright Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

Hi everybody -

I would set this feature to "partially delivered," as it's become clear through this thread that while we've hit some use cases, we haven't yet addressed others in E10. However, doing so will prevent further voting on it, so I'll leave it as Active for now. Please note that I've added the request to completely remove the form data to our backlog as a future enhancement.

As always, thank you so much for sharing your insights. We product managers love to hear from all of you.

- Sara Howes, Senior Product Manager

It's now the year 2019 and this option is still not available, why?

I have a form that was spammed and want to Delete that form data, what is the hold up on this functionality exactly?

pastedImage_0.png

• It's now the year 2019 and this option is still not available, why?

I have a form that was spammed and want to Delete that form data, what is the hold up on this functionality exactly?

pastedImage_0.png

Here is how you can remove that form submission data https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/Forms/Tasks/ExcludingFormSubmissionDataFromReports.htm

• Mike de Wildt
    Mike de Wildt Posts: 55 Silver Badge

Here is how you can remove that form submission data https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/Forms/Tasks/ExcludingFormSubmissionDataFromReports.htm

Good luck with deleting your 1000 spam form submits each day there could still be some improvements in this form submission popup to improve on what the article describes an a solution

• jeffery_wright

I do not wish to Exclude those entries.

I want to Delete them.

How is that action performed, thanks.

• jeffery_wright

For anyone interested, the solution that worked for me is:

I created a copy of my form; gave it a new Form Name, reconfigured the HTML page my form was on and deleted the original form.

I added a javascript Math Captcha to the validation (it is beyond me why Oracle does not offer a number of validators like this in their forms)  using this code: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

I placed the HTML portion above the Submit button in my form and the Script I placed in the Eloqua Form Validation script before the handleFormSubmit function.

I altered this line:

if (answer === num1 + num2) {

alert("woot");

To fire the handleFormSubmit function instead of the alert, like so:

if (answer === num1 + num2) {

handleFormSubmit(ele);

So when the submitter got the answer right, the form is further validated and then submitted.

This appears to have stopped the bot attack.

Note: Placing the captcha on the page with the original form will not prevent the bot spam, as once it has your form Name and ID, it seems to bypass all validation on your page. I am using a custom coded HTML Landing Page.

So far the attack seems to be thwarted, fingers crossed.

• Alexa Kalapaca-Oracle
    Alexa Kalapaca-Oracle Posts: 199 Employee

I do not wish to Exclude those entries.

I want to Delete them.

How is that action performed, thanks.

The Bulk API can also be used: https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAC/op-api-rest-2.0-data-form-id-datarow-rowid-delete.html The thing is that this API accepts one submission id at a time, so this API needs to be called for all the IDs of the form submissions from the particular visitor ID.