Discussions

Links in Eloqua Preview should be clickable

sdaosdao Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in Dream It

Right now when you preview an email in Eloqua via the Preview section, the links are clickable but they open a new window to a blank page.

Our use case is that you have partners who are using your preview function via the API to preview Eloqua emails in their product, we can only see what the email looks like vs actually see where the email links to.

This relationship is both equally valuable to Eloqua as it is the Partner.. In our case Kapost. We use Kapost to approve our Eloqua emails to minimize back and forth communications between the marketer and marketing ops. They look at the content in Kapost and would like to click the links before getting a final test email to them. Right now since Kapost is pulling from Eloqua's Preview and you can't click the links there our approval process is much more clunky.

Post edited by Unknown User on
315 votes

For future consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• lkmeyerslkmeyers Posts: 24 Blue Ribbon

I agree with the above post?  Would be nice if the links were active. What is the purpose of this "Preview"?  and How is everyone using it? Or aren't we...

• This would certainly help with quick QA.

• oforishoforish Posts: 7
    edited January 2017

Yes!! I hate always having to send a test email to verify that my links are working properly.

• Wren Ludlow-OracleWren Ludlow-Oracle Posts: 57 Employee

Thanks for the feature request! There are inherent technical limitations with how preview is set up today that prevent links from being live and clickable. For Landing Pages in the new editor we have a "view live page" option that will make viewing the live URL easier. This is something we can look at but it will not be a feature in the foreseeable future.

Wren Ludlow

Oracle Product Management

• It will be good & save some time if link will be clickable

• lkmeyerslkmeyers Posts: 24 Blue Ribbon

This would be wonderful!!  Our current process is to send a lot of test emails over and over to many folks on the seed list. It would be nice for our final review if this was an option!