Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bring back contact level display of inclusion in shared lists

christina.creamore
christina.creamore Posts: 11 Red Ribbon
edited August 2015 in Dream It

In E9 you were able to view a list of the shared lists a particular contact was a member of, this allowed for a much simpler experience when troubleshooting specific issues. I'd like to see this feature brought back.

79 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• vwong
    vwong Posts: 9

As a work around, you can add contacts into a program step and then access their contact list membership that way since it uses the E9 contact view.

Good tips!!!

• christina.creamore
    christina.creamore Posts: 11 Red Ribbon

As a work around, you can add contacts into a program step and then access their contact list membership that way since it uses the E9 contact view.

Yes, but it is more time consuming and the hidden functionality will retire with Program Builder I would assume.

• Alexander Huzar
    Alexander Huzar Posts: 80 Red Ribbon

Any update on this? We all love the Linked Records tab in E10, we just want another tab called "List Membership" or something similar.

• nathan.lichte
    nathan.lichte Posts: 35 Silver Badge
    edited February 2018

Any update on this? We all love the Linked Records tab in E10, we just want another tab called "List Membership" or something similar.

the url is: {baseURL}Agent/Contact/ContactContactInfos.aspx?xsrfToken={token}&ContactID={Eloqua Contact ID}&SalesProcessEntityTypeID=1

(if you pm me I can provide you the list of E9 urls to improve your efficiency)

• Alexander Huzar
    Alexander Huzar Posts: 80 Red Ribbon

the url is: {baseURL}Agent/Contact/ContactContactInfos.aspx?xsrfToken={token}&ContactID={Eloqua Contact ID}&SalesProcessEntityTypeID=1

(if you pm me I can provide you the list of E9 urls to improve your efficiency)

@nathan.lichte1 thank you, but I have these already (I worked in support from 2013-2015 and may have even worked on your SRs). My point here is that E10 was supposed to be this new and shiny thing meant to attract buyers (it worked - Oracle purchased Eloqua for $~940M), however this was done at the expense of some functionality. Over half of E10 still uses E9 interfaces. I don't want to use an E9 interface if I can avoid it as often times it's more clunky than E10 and E10 simply loads everything faster. I LOVE the E10 forms picklist editor, I love the campaign and program canvas and I love the E10 way of searching for assets.

Things I greatly miss about E9:

Reports would run, they would complete and never time out, even if it takes 14 days to run a report.

You could export files no matter how large.

You could see what program builder and campaign canvas assets a contact was a part of, you can also add them to any step of any campaign or program builder from the same page.

You could see the shared lists a contact was a part of.

You can see on any shared list the date/time of entry into that shared list. (One cannot diagnose many things without this information.)

You could see the visitor information of a contact and explore all the IP addresses and other metadata like clickstream history with query strings.

• nathan.lichte
    nathan.lichte Posts: 35 Silver Badge

@nathan.lichte1 thank you, but I have these already (I worked in support from 2013-2015 and may have even worked on your SRs). My point here is that E10 was supposed to be this new and shiny thing meant to attract buyers (it worked - Oracle purchased Eloqua for $~940M), however this was done at the expense of some functionality. Over half of E10 still uses E9 interfaces. I don't want to use an E9 interface if I can avoid it as often times it's more clunky than E10 and E10 simply loads everything faster. I LOVE the E10 forms picklist editor, I love the campaign and program canvas and I love the E10 way of searching for assets.

Things I greatly miss about E9:

Reports would run, they would complete and never time out, even if it takes 14 days to run a report.

You could export files no matter how large.

You could see what program builder and campaign canvas assets a contact was a part of, you can also add them to any step of any campaign or program builder from the same page.

You could see the shared lists a contact was a part of.

You can see on any shared list the date/time of entry into that shared list. (One cannot diagnose many things without this information.)

You could see the visitor information of a contact and explore all the IP addresses and other metadata like clickstream history with query strings.

The short story, when you need to do any work on the database or integration, the E9 screen is what you use.

The analogy at the time was iPhone vs Blackberry, you need to give up functionality to look cool.  The hope was that the iPhone would come to parity at some point in the future.

Flash forward 5 years, I still carry a blackberry device (albeit with Android on it) and I use the E9 screens to get work done in Eloqua.

The attempts to recreate the functionality of E9 in an E10 environment have left gaps like, when I import via E10 I cannot add contacts to a contact group, program, or add static values.

I have a similar list:

Create a new field, the 'save and add new' for client implementations when I need to setup multiple fields

Change the display name of a 'system' field (Organization instead of Company)

Modify an update rule for a program on Eloqua Basic (no data tools)

Plus @alexanderhuzar's list.