Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allow pre-population for form picklists

louise.risoli
louise.risoli Posts: 6 Blue Ribbon
edited May 2017 in Dream It

It would be so helpful when using picklists on forms if the field could pre-populate with a selection if it already exists on the contact record.  I am sure, in the interest of better segmentation, that most organisations have now standardised their job title field into a picklist. And I'm sure they, as I do, frequently include the job title field on registration forms.  We have the same contacts filling in forms all the time and (as far as I am aware) they have to make the job title selection every time. Wouldn't it be AMAZING if this would automatically populate. Please make it happen!

Post edited by Unknown User on
46 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Gary Aspinall
    Gary Aspinall Posts: 32 Bronze Badge

You can use the form pre-population cloud component to do exactly this, its excellent but it's being dropped in Jan so we need to find a better solution.

More info @

• Egan Cheung-Oracle
    Egan Cheung-Oracle Posts: 14 Gold Trophy

You can use the form pre-population cloud component to do exactly this, its excellent but it's being dropped in Jan so we need to find a better solution.

More info @

January only marks the end of support of the existing app on the legacy cloud connector framework.  It will actually continue to function beyond January, but we will be offering an alternative to the form Pre-population App that uses more up to date technology.

• Gary Aspinall

January only marks the end of support of the existing app on the legacy cloud connector framework.  It will actually continue to function beyond January, but we will be offering an alternative to the form Pre-population App that uses more up to date technology.

Thanks @Egan Cheung-Oracle - this is great news because I emailed support about it a few weeks ago and they were unsure if it was being replaced, I'm glad it will be.

• January only marks the end of support of the existing app on the legacy cloud connector framework.  It will actually continue to function beyond January, but we will be offering an alternative to the form Pre-population App that uses more up to date technology.

Do you have an update on this comment?  When will an alternative to this be available?

• Egan Cheung-Oracle
    Egan Cheung-Oracle Posts: 14 Gold Trophy

Do you have an update on this comment?  When will an alternative to this be available?

We are still working on the replacement for this and a few other apps, so we will be announcing shortly that the January deadline will be extended for existing customers.

• Gary Aspinall

We are still working on the replacement for this and a few other apps, so we will be announcing shortly that the January deadline will be extended for existing customers.

Phew! we definitely need more time to change pages if needed and think of new solutions for new page (or just add whatever you're making now).

• Richa.Singh
    Richa.Singh Posts: 12 Red Ribbon

Hi,

This would be an awesome feature - do let us know when the alternative app is in place.

Thanks and best regards

Richa

• annika
    annika Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I'm new in Eloqua and I'm a little bit appalled by the fact that pre-population for form picklists is not working. I think this should be a really standard option...

Any news if there will be a solution soon?

• Jason Weisbrot
    Jason Weisbrot Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

I am also very much in need of this as well. Are there any updates on a solution to replace the cloud connector app that is going away soon?

• jmugo
    jmugo Posts: 30 Silver Trophy

Very much needed.

• JasonPotts
    JasonPotts Posts: 1
    edited August 2016

Looking at another thread, this has been a known issue since 2012.  This feature should be built in to the platform.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Gary Aspinall

This should be available October 2016

• annika
    annika Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

This should be available October 2016

Are there any news on this topic, when will it be available in Eloqua?

• Aly Kassam-Oracle
    Aly Kassam-Oracle Posts: 24 Green Ribbon
    edited January 2017

Are there any news on this topic, when will it be available in Eloqua?

It's part of the 486 release, that will be available in February.

• bkhayes
    bkhayes Posts: 80 Silver Badge
    edited January 2017

For those who cannot wait for this option and can read/write JavaScript you can start using this now. Just place this code before the ending </body> tag on the landing page with the form. Below is a snippet of how to do this. You need to replace the bold underlined section with your HTML names and variables.

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>

var _jobResponsibility ='<span class="eloquaemail" >EPM_Job_Responsibility1</span>';

var _jobTitle = '<span class="eloquaemail" >EPM___Job_Title1</span>';

var _jobIndustry = '<span class="eloquaemail" >EPM___Industry_Market1</span>';

var _country = '<span class="eloquaemail" >Country11</span>';

var _state = '<span class="eloquaemail" >State_Prov</span>';

if ((_jobResponsibility !== '') && ($('select[name="jobRole1"] option[value="' +

_jobResponsibility + '"]').length)) {

$('select[name="jobRole1"]').val(_jobResponsibility);

}

if ((_jobTitle !== '') && ($('select[name="jobType1"] option[value="' +

_jobTitle + '"]').length)) {

$('select[name="jobType1"]').val(_jobTitle);

}

if ((_jobIndustry !== '') && ($(

'select[name="ePMIndustryMarket1"] option[value="' + _jobIndustry + '"]').length)) {

$('select[name="ePMIndustryMarket1"]').val(_jobIndustry);

}

if (_country !== '') {

$('select[name="country"]').val(_country);

}

if (_country === '') {

$('#state').val('');

$('select[name="stateProv"]').parents('p').hide();

}

if (_state !== '') {

$('select[name="stateProv"]').val(_state);

}

</script>

• It's part of the 486 release, that will be available in February.

Do you know when in February this will be released?

• Aly Kassam-Oracle
    Aly Kassam-Oracle Posts: 24 Green Ribbon

We released this in 486.