Some tips for using Dream It:

Search: It's possible your idea has already been submitted and is collecting votes. Use the box to the right to search for keywords. Beware of duplicating ideas, since votes can get diluted between multiple submissions.

Create: Click here to create a new idea if your idea is not already submitted.

Browse: Use the links below to check out what's already been submitted, and don't forget to vote when you find something you want to see in Eloqua!

Oracle Eloqua

Dynamic content rules using digital activity — oracle-topliners

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic content rules using digital activity

edited October 2015 in Dream It

Currently you only have the option to create dynamic content rules based on Contact, Account or Custom Object/Event data.

Dynamic Content Editor.png
It would be very useful to build rules based on digital activity e.g. Visited page tag, Opened email, responded to campaign, submitted form etc. similar to the options we have in the segment builder.

75 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Great idea! This would make it much easier to build activity based dynamic content out-of-the-box, rather than using app cloud partners.

• Great idea! This would make it much easier to build activity based dynamic content out-of-the-box, rather than using app cloud partners.

Agreed, it would also mean that we wouldn't have to use a 3rd party to fill this requirement.

• Richard TeaRichard Tea Posts: 10 Red Ribbon

Agreed, it would also mean that we wouldn't have to use a 3rd party to fill this requirement.

Which 3rd parties you guys use? Opinions?

• Alexander HuzarAlexander Huzar Posts: 80 Red Ribbon

This will add significant processing time every time you send emails that use dynamic content that look for a related table (e.g. web visitor) to the primary table (contact - the email recipient). If your emails take 30 minutes to all send now, expect that it will now take 4 hours to send. Multiply this by the number of clients running Eloqua, put that in context to the current load capacity of Eloqua servers, and then you will know if Oracle is ready and willing to let users try and "break" the system by loading it up tremendously.

• Alexander HuzarAlexander Huzar Posts: 80 Red Ribbon

@alexanderhuzar This section of Topliners is called "dream it" .... don't shatter my dreams man  

I voted +1 for this if it helps any!

• RahulG86RahulG86 Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Good one !

• 32763463276346 Posts: 4

Hi,

I think I have come up with a work around using CDO and the campaign canvas to ensure you can get dynamic content on a landing page based on activity.

I am discussing it with the digital team tomorrow and we will hopefully start testing next week. If it works, I will gladly post here.

Natalie

• Nick Dennis-OracleNick Dennis-Oracle Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I think I have come up with a work around using CDO and the campaign canvas to ensure you can get dynamic content on a landing page based on activity.

I am discussing it with the digital team tomorrow and we will hopefully start testing next week. If it works, I will gladly post here.

Natalie

That would be good to hear about, I know one of the Oracle Partners - Marketing Cube - here in Australia have built a similar process but I think it might just use last web page visited.

• M_KlingM_Kling Posts: 5 Red Ribbon

Yes please! Great idea.

• BcwickeBcwicke Posts: 12 Green Ribbon

What about being able to specify by passage of time?

• Wren Ludlow-OracleWren Ludlow-Oracle Posts: 48 Employee

This is an enhancement I am considering. If anyone is willing to provide use cases and feedback over a call, let me know.

Wren Ludlow

Oracle Product Management

This is an enhancement I am considering. If anyone is willing to provide use cases and feedback over a call, let me know.

Wren Ludlow

I would be delighted to give you a couple of use cases... that I could implement right out of the gate.

• Wren Ludlow-OracleWren Ludlow-Oracle Posts: 48 Employee

I would be delighted to give you a couple of use cases... that I could implement right out of the gate.

Could you send those use cases to [email protected]? I can organize a call if that's easier. Thanks!

Wren Ludlow

Could you send those use cases to [email protected]? I can organize a call if that's easier. Thanks!

Wren Ludlow

@Wren Ludlow-Oracle, I finally logged in and saw your reply.  I just sent you an email about my current use case.

Thanks!

• For better performance a staging data store to be used for pulling the other tags so that rules based on these tags can be configured to generate  dynamic content with no performance issues.