Some tips for using Dream It:

Search: It's possible your idea has already been submitted and is collecting votes. Use the box to the right to search for keywords. Beware of duplicating ideas, since votes can get diluted between multiple submissions.

Create: Click here to create a new idea if your idea is not already submitted.

Browse: Use the links below to check out what's already been submitted, and don't forget to vote when you find something you want to see in Eloqua!

Oracle Eloqua

Include images in the RSS-to-email-and-landing-page app — oracle-topliners

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Include images in the RSS-to-email-and-landing-page app

swiltshireswiltshire Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Dream It

With the ever-present need to stay fresh, many of us run blogs to provide our target audiences with new, relevant content. But for us to automate this content being sent to our lists, we will generally use a tool like feedburner or even create manual blog notification emails or digests using existing Eloqua functionality.

There is a great Eloqua app called RSS for Emails and Landing pages, but it has one massive drawback, it doesn't work with images or other rich media, meaning the RSS feeds which populate your emails and landing pages will be bland, text-only affairs, not using images which, I'd say, most RSS feeds provide these days. If we could populate emails dynamically with RSS feeds and images, then Eloqua would become an even more powerful tool for automation with fresh content.

I know that I'm not the only person that wants this:

Post edited by Unknown User on
39 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @swiltshire,

You bring up some great points in regards to the potential of combining RSS feeds and Eloqua.  There's actually an Eloqua RSS app available that can populate emails dynamically with RSS feeds and images - REACH RSS

• Joel Rothman-OracleJoel Rothman-Oracle Posts: 41 Silver Trophy

Hi @swiltshire,

You bring up some great points in regards to the potential of combining RSS feeds and Eloqua.  There's actually an Eloqua RSS app available that can populate emails dynamically with RSS feeds and images - REACH RSS

Virtual high-five to the other J Rothman!

• Hi @swiltshire,

Unfortunately, we don't have the additional budget to go for paid apps starting at $2000 a year, and I'm sure there are others in the same boat. This is why we want the native Eloqua plugin to add this functionality.

• Joel Rothman-OracleJoel Rothman-Oracle Posts: 41 Silver Trophy

Hi. I am the Product Manager on the RSS app.

There is an unfortunately truth with RSS in that it's really not a standard. When we initially examined supporting images, it caused all sorts of rendering issues, with different RSS providers (wordpress, feedburner etc...) pushing the images in different shapes, sizes, different tags within the HTML etc...
    It's great feedback, and I know customers want it. We have to figure out a method that scales nicely to all RSS. We will look at support again.

• 32144593214459 Posts: 2

Yes, we tried to play with the RSS app too. And it just doesn't display any images. Even mailchimp support the RSS technology better than oracle do. That's quite sad. I'm exploring of integrating mailchimp and Eloqua together. But I guess that will not work in the long term.

• jeffery_wrightjeffery_wright Posts: 19 Green Ribbon

Hi. I am the Product Manager on the RSS app.

There is an unfortunately truth with RSS in that it's really not a standard. When we initially examined supporting images, it caused all sorts of rendering issues, with different RSS providers (wordpress, feedburner etc...) pushing the images in different shapes, sizes, different tags within the HTML etc...
    It's great feedback, and I know customers want it. We have to figure out a method that scales nicely to all RSS. We will look at support again.

So why is this not an issue with Compendium Content Groups?

pastedImage_0.png

This request was posted Oct 20, 2015, are we saying Oracle is not capable of figuring this out?

• Hi There. We are releasing the RSS App that supports images in the upcoming release.

• Is this image support functionality released.

• Is this image support functionality released.

Yes the image support functionality is released with 237.

• Yes the image support functionality is released with 237.

Does the RSS app provide us with the ability to know when a post is made on the blog that will populate the content with the RSS feed, so that we can use the app to send email notification alerts whenever new posts are made?