Some tips for using Dream It:

Search: It's possible your idea has already been submitted and is collecting votes. Use the box to the right to search for keywords. Beware of duplicating ideas, since votes can get diluted between multiple submissions.

Create: Click here to create a new idea if your idea is not already submitted.

Browse: Use the links below to check out what's already been submitted, and don't forget to vote when you find something you want to see in Eloqua!

Oracle Eloqua

Support web fonts in component library / file storage — oracle-topliners

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support web fonts in component library / file storage

claudiazoglmannclaudiazoglmann Posts: 77 Silver Badge
edited November 2015 in Dream It

Just that.

67 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Bob at Elemental MarketingBob at Elemental Marketing Posts: 30 Silver Badge

Yes, this would make Eloqua life much easier - more than once I've had cringeworthy discussions when I have to explain to clients that they cannot use their own corporate fonts on Eloqua landing pages unless they run some kind of custom font hosting application. Which most of them have never heard of.

• bkhayesbkhayes Posts: 80 Silver Badge

Up Voted! I would like to see this too. It just makes sense.

• Ryan RijkenRyan Rijken Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

Yes. I know it runs into issues behind the site security, but but this would REALLY be helpful; especially to those of us with corporate branded fonts.

Yes. I know it runs into issues behind the site security, but but this would REALLY be helpful; especially to those of us with corporate branded fonts.

Hi Ryan,

Just a thought here. Is it possible to inline your css and host the font files elsewhere? I know a lot of fonts are hosted from the foundry that created them.

Ben

• claudiazoglmannclaudiazoglmann Posts: 77 Silver Badge

Hi Ryan,

Just a thought here. Is it possible to inline your css and host the font files elsewhere? I know a lot of fonts are hosted from the foundry that created them.

Ben

Yet another workaround, especially when you actually own the font.

Quoting @Bob at spotONvision: "cringeworthy discussions"

• Ryan RijkenRyan Rijken Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

Hi Ryan,

Ben

Depends on the scenario. That's generally the route I recommend but not all customers have their server's set up to easily access the web font. It would be easier to host the files than work through IT to get the appropriate access.

edited February 2017

Yet another workaround, especially when you actually own the font.

Quoting @Bob at spotONvision: "cringeworthy discussions"

I am full of work arounds today.

What about Base64 Encode @font-face?

Inline that font file into the CSS thus bypassing hosting.

Font-Face and Base64 Data-URI | SoSweet! Creative

Hopefully this will be a temporary solution until Oracle finally adds in web font hosting support in the component library.

• claudiazoglmannclaudiazoglmann Posts: 77 Silver Badge

I am full of work arounds today.

What about Base64 Encode @font-face?

Inline that font file into the CSS thus bypassing hosting.

Font-Face and Base64 Data-URI | SoSweet! Creative

Hopefully this will be a temporary solution until Oracle finally adds in web font hosting support in the component library.

I second the workround comment ;-)

However: http://caniuse.com/#feat=datauri

I second the workround comment ;-)

However: http://caniuse.com/#feat=datauri

Good point! Not 100% browser compatible. Worst case scenario you offer a fall back font for those on older browsers.

• Bob at Elemental MarketingBob at Elemental Marketing Posts: 30 Silver Badge

My thoughts on these workarounds is that they probably work swimmingly when you're setting up Eloqua for your own organisation. You can sit with your own IT team and implement cross-domain security changes accordingly and it will work eventually.

However, as an agency it's very difficult to explain why 'we can't just add the fonts to Eloqua' to our clients who are often relatively unexperienced with things like HTML or marketing technology in general. Additionally, most of the solutions offered here, while technically sound, require custom work, testing, communication around it, project management... in short, time and resources to implement. So while the problem can be solved, it's a hard sell in these circumstances.

• dirqdirq Posts: 3

Still can't upload OTF, TTF, WOFF, or WOFF2.

Also, we can't even use SVGs - the server doesn't serve up SVGs with the correct mime-type.  Seriously, this is almost 2019.

Still can't upload OTF, TTF, WOFF, or WOFF2.

Also, we can't even use SVGs - the server doesn't serve up SVGs with the correct mime-type.  Seriously, this is almost 2019.

If you have another place to host these assets I would focus on that for now until they come up with a solution. Not ideal I know...

• brettgbrettg Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon

For years, we have always tapped into the fonts that were uploaded to the main site. This required having the font files defined in a separate file that I created and having them upload it to the main server. They have now migrated to another platform and our font file is gone. So, we really need a solution where we're not dependent on another division to handle our fonts. Anything new on Eloqua and font hosting?

• andrepazlealandrepazleal Posts: 28 Red Ribbon
    edited February 2019

The only thing that's is missing for our clients to receive the branding we fight so much to keep. Receiving emkt with Helvetica or Arial in 2019 it's just disturbing like a piece of meat on a bookshelf.