Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Folder Structure for Picklists

TessDyer
TessDyer Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
edited March 2016 in Dream It

Allow for the use of a folder structure in the Manage Select Lists area.

52 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Currently all Quicklist and Picklist are complied together under the Manage Picklist Settings. This takes forever to load and is very difficult to manage. We have been told there have been discussions to remove quicklist from the picklist section, but have not see any action. This has been a longtime issue for us and it be nice to see on an upcoming release.

• mdebussc
    mdebussc Posts: 37 Bronze Badge

Currently all Quicklist and Picklist are complied together under the Manage Picklist Settings. This takes forever to load and is very difficult to manage. We have been told there have been discussions to remove quicklist from the picklist section, but have not see any action. This has been a longtime issue for us and it be nice to see on an upcoming release.

This is something we'd be very interested in as well. A much better way to manage pick-lists/quicklists would be great. We have many quicklists  or even possible picklists we could probably remove but have to go one by one and 'try' to delete to see if they can be removed and not linked to anything.  Since there are many it is a very low priority to clean up and the list grows.

A better way to view those that are actively linked to an asset would be very useful or flag the ones that are no longer linked...or better yet if a segment or some other asset is deleted, or the quicklist itself is removed from the segment it then removes it from the long list in the settings if not linked to anything else.  Probably a lovely technical project:)

• Jennifer Gruninger
    Jennifer Gruninger Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

A folder structure for Picklists would also greatly help us organize our instance!

• Aly Kassam-Oracle
    Aly Kassam-Oracle Posts: 24 Green Ribbon

A folder structure for Picklists would also greatly help us organize our instance!

Hi Jennifer,

The folder structure here is an interesting idea.  I was just wondering would it become tedious for usage when you're creating a field or selecting a picklist for a Form, if you have to traverse a folder list every time?  What is driving the reason behind wanting picklists in a folder structure?

Thanks,

Aly

• Jennifer Gruninger
    Jennifer Gruninger Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

Hi Jennifer,

The folder structure here is an interesting idea.  I was just wondering would it become tedious for usage when you're creating a field or selecting a picklist for a Form, if you have to traverse a folder list every time?  What is driving the reason behind wanting picklists in a folder structure?

Thanks,

Aly

Hi Aly,

Great questions. The main driver is when using picklists for Program Builder and updates are needed for lead processing rules, we navigate to the Manage Picklists section in Eloqua, wait for them all to load, and then scroll until we figure out where our picklists are located (luckily we have a good naming convention in place for our program). The issue is with so many Eloqua users and the volume of picklists, the lag time for them to load and the scrolling required can become time consuming. Unfortunately, there is not a way to click through and manage a Picklist from a Program Builder step that's leveraging it.

While I don't think this change is by any means required, this is a great "nice to have" improvement for those using Picklists in Eloqua and navigating to them in a similar way.

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Jacob Esson
    Jacob Esson Posts: 38 Silver Badge

@Aly Kassam-Oracle As a TAM I created a feature request to have the Picklists updated. It was for Parker at the time. I cannot remember all my ideas at the time but have a look in Jira.

Best,

Jacob

• christina.creamore
    christina.creamore Posts: 11 Red Ribbon

Love this idea, anything that makes for good housekeeping is needed in my book.  Picklist and Quick lists are awful.