Some tips for using Dream It:

Search: It's possible your idea has already been submitted and is collecting votes. Use the box to the right to search for keywords. Beware of duplicating ideas, since votes can get diluted between multiple submissions.

Create: Click here to create a new idea if your idea is not already submitted.

Browse: Use the links below to check out what's already been submitted, and don't forget to vote when you find something you want to see in Eloqua!

Oracle Eloqua

CDO Account/contact Mapping via API — oracle-topliners

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDO Account/contact Mapping via API

10686561068656 Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Dream It

Request is to be able to map a CDO to either a contact or an account record (priority is with accounts, as there is a work around via triggering a form submit to link to contacts) via API. Currently the only way for an account to be linked to a CDO is manual linkage, or through the upload wizard within the CDO section.

Post edited by Unknown User on
4 votes

Already offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Lou PatrickLou Patrick Posts: 184 Gold Badge
    edited July 2020

The ability to map Custom Object records is currently available using the Application API and the Bulk API.

Application API (Contacts only):

Endpoint: Create custom object data

Example request creating a new Custom Object record for a Custom Object with an id of 14, and mapping the record to a Contact record with the id of 1:

Request

POST  /api/REST/2.0/data/customObject/14/instance

Request - Body

{  "type": "CustomObjectData",  "contactId": "1",  "fieldValues": [    {      "id": "107",      "value": "[email protected]"    }  ]}

Response

{  "type": "CustomObjectData",  "id": "31",  "contactId": "1",  "fieldValues": [    {      "id": "107",      "value": "[email protected]"    }  ]}

Note, I confirmed Custom Object record was successfully mapped to Contact in Eloqua.

Bulk API (Contacts and Accounts):

Endpoints and Tutorial:

Example import definition request to import Custom Object records for a Custom Object with an id of 14, and map them to Account records using the Company Name Account field:

Request

POST /api/bulk/2.0/customObjects/14/imports

Request - Body

{  "name": "Map to Accounts Import",  "fields": {    "email": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[107]}}",    "companyName": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[108]}}"   },  "identifierFieldName": "email",  "mapDataCards": true,  "mapDataCardsEntityType": "Company",  "mapDataCardsEntityField": "{{Account.Field(M_CompanyName)}}",  "mapDataCardsSourceField": "companyName",  "mapDataCardsCaseSensitiveMatch": false}

Response

{  "id": 20,  "parentId": 14,  "mapDataCards": true,  "mapDataCardsCaseSensitiveMatch": false,  "mapDataCardsEntityField": "{{Account.Field(M_CompanyName)}}",  "mapDataCardsSourceField": "companyName",  "mapDataCardsEntityType": "Company",  "name": "Map to Accounts Import",  "fields": {    "email": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[107]}}",    "companyName": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[108]}}"  },  "identifierFieldName": "email",  "isSyncTriggeredOnImport": false,  "dataRetentionDuration": "P7D",  "isUpdatingMultipleMatchedRecords": false,  "uri": "/customObjects/14/imports/20",  "createdBy": "Lou.Patrick",  "createdAt": "2016-07-29T22:13:27.9841117Z",  "updatedBy": "Lou.Patrick",  "updatedAt": "2016-07-29T22:13:27.9841117Z"}

I've validated this import definition by uploading data, syncing data, and confirming mapping was successful. If there is interest in a full walkthrough let me know, and I'll create a separate post.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KyleDKyleD Posts: 1

The ability to map Custom Object records is currently available using the Application API and the Bulk API.

Application API (Contacts only):

Endpoint: Create custom object data

Example request creating a new Custom Object record for a Custom Object with an id of 14, and mapping the record to a Contact record with the id of 1:

Request

POST  /api/REST/2.0/data/customObject/14/instance

Request - Body

{  "type": "CustomObjectData",  "contactId": "1",  "fieldValues": [    {      "id": "107",      "value": "[email protected]"    }  ]}

Response

{  "type": "CustomObjectData",  "id": "31",  "contactId": "1",  "fieldValues": [    {      "id": "107",      "value": "[email protected]"    }  ]}

Note, I confirmed Custom Object record was successfully mapped to Contact in Eloqua.

Bulk API (Contacts and Accounts):

Endpoints and Tutorial:

Example import definition request to import Custom Object records for a Custom Object with an id of 14, and map them to Account records using the Company Name Account field:

Request

POST /api/bulk/2.0/customObjects/14/imports

Request - Body

{  "name": "Map to Accounts Import",  "fields": {    "email": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[107]}}",    "companyName": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[108]}}"   },  "identifierFieldName": "email",  "mapDataCards": true,  "mapDataCardsEntityType": "Company",  "mapDataCardsEntityField": "{{Account.Field(M_CompanyName)}}",  "mapDataCardsSourceField": "companyName",  "mapDataCardsCaseSensitiveMatch": false}

Response

{  "id": 20,  "parentId": 14,  "mapDataCards": true,  "mapDataCardsCaseSensitiveMatch": false,  "mapDataCardsEntityField": "{{Account.Field(M_CompanyName)}}",  "mapDataCardsSourceField": "companyName",  "mapDataCardsEntityType": "Company",  "name": "Map to Accounts Import",  "fields": {    "email": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[107]}}",    "companyName": "{{CustomObject[14].Field[108]}}"  },  "identifierFieldName": "email",  "isSyncTriggeredOnImport": false,  "dataRetentionDuration": "P7D",  "isUpdatingMultipleMatchedRecords": false,  "uri": "/customObjects/14/imports/20",  "createdBy": "Lou.Patrick",  "createdAt": "2016-07-29T22:13:27.9841117Z",  "updatedBy": "Lou.Patrick",  "updatedAt": "2016-07-29T22:13:27.9841117Z"}

I've validated this import definition by uploading data, syncing data, and confirming mapping was successful. If there is interest in a full walkthrough let me know, and I'll create a separate post.

Using the REST API, is there a way to map the CDO to a contact via email address only, or is the Contact ID explicitly required?

• Lou PatrickLou Patrick Posts: 184 Gold Badge

Using the REST API, is there a way to map the CDO to a contact via email address only, or is the Contact ID explicitly required?

Using the Application API Contact Id is the only way to map a Custom Object record to a Contact.

• User_9QN3UUser_9QN3U Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Hello. I have created customers and thus have customerId values. I now am needing to add custom data associated with these customers but am running into issues with the POST to add the data.

Using /api/REST/2.0/assets/customObjects I am able to pull a listing of available custom objects. My particular one has ID 60 with various fields. When I post the following:

/api/REST/2.0/data/customObject/60/instance

{

"type": "CustomObjectData",

"contactId": "263121",

"fieldValues": [

{

"id": "490",

"value": "CB-10"

},

{

"id": "491",

"value": "123123"

}

]

}

I get a 404 Object Not Found. 

Using the 1.0 version /api/REST/1.0/data/customObject/60 posting the same gets me a 400 Validate Error 

[

{

"type": "EndpointParameterError",

"parameter": "RequiredFieldNotSpecified",

"value": "<null>"

}

]

Which is odd as the documentation does not specify required fields. 

Can someone help with a successful POST to either the 1.0 or 2.0 API to add custom data to a contact?

Thank you