Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add Search & Export in Camaign/Program Canvas Operational Reports

scott.kent
scott.kent Posts: 64 Blue Ribbon
edited April 2017 in Dream It

It would save us a lot of headache to see the same functionality seen when viewing Step Members in a Campaign OR Program Canvas step to all Operational Reports.

Specifically the ability to
1. Search for results

2. Export Results

The problem is when we are auditing our program flow and troubleshooting issues, the Operational Reports are Useless due to the small number of people that can be viewed at a time. We have thousands in an hourp

My current work around requires me using SOAP UI and an undocumented API call used for Operational Reports.
Then I need to Concatenate 20+ results due to the 1k/page API limit.

This can take a couple hours per report. Multiply this by 20 and suddenly its a huge human resource expense.

Post edited by Unknown User on
9 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @scott.kent ,

We've added the export option for the campaign entry & exit history reports with the 487 release!

• scott.kent

Hi @scott.kent ,

We've added the export option for the campaign entry & exit history reports with the 487 release!

Thank you so very much.

I know Program Canvas is a less popular asset. It would be nice if this feature is added to Program Canvas in the next release.

I spend several hours a week with the API and doing this custom for both Campaign and Program Canvas.
    You cut that time in half roughly so thank you!

Scott

• adesbiens
    adesbiens Posts: 7

Thank you so very much.

I know Program Canvas is a less popular asset. It would be nice if this feature is added to Program Canvas in the next release.

I spend several hours a week with the API and doing this custom for both Campaign and Program Canvas.
    You cut that time in half roughly so thank you!

Scott

@scott.kent do you have a write-up/guide somewhere that walks through the process of exporting Program Canvas reports via the API?  Even though it sounds time consuming, it would be great to have some sort of work around for this missing feature.

• scott.kent

@scott.kent do you have a write-up/guide somewhere that walks through the process of exporting Program Canvas reports via the API?  Even though it sounds time consuming, it would be great to have some sort of work around for this missing feature.

NO but here is a non-detailed overview, I will update later with specifics sorry for the delayed response.

Overview
    Using you browser you can view the undocumented endpoint URL by viewing network activity when you click on the Entry/Exit operational reports.

URL:

Program Builder ENTRY Report URL
    https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/API/REST/2.0/data/report/19?count=400&page=1&assetId=##&startAt=1499364690&endAt=1500574690

Program Builder EXIT Report URL
    https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/API/REST/2.0/data/report/20?count=400&page=1&assetId=##&startAt=1499364690&endAt=1500574690

Report/##

This is the Report ID number 7 & 19 are Entry reports for Campaign and Program Canvases and 8 & 20 are for Exit Reports.
    AssetID=##

This is the ID# of the Eloqua Campaign or Program Canvas as seen in the browser URL
    (AKA: https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/Main.aspx#programs&id=6)

Count=##

This is the number of result 1-1,000
    Page=##

This is the Page Number of results you are on
    StartAt=#### AND EndAt###
    These set the date range filter on the results.
    NOTE: There are other parameters you can attempt to utilize but I will not encourage this.

Steps:
    1. Use Soap UI and create and Endpoint for the Report Needed. Authenticate a Login.
    2. Enter the Asset ID and Report Id for Needed Report into endpoint URL. Set Page to 1 and Count to 1000

3. Enter the desired date Range by converting the date into Unix Time code. (Unix Time Stamp - Epoch Converter )
    4. Submit the Endpoint URL and the Results you will get back will be in JSON Form. Here is where it gets tricky.
          a. Create a note pad document and Copy and Paste the first set of Results.

b. Increment Page=## parameter up on from 1 to 2 and so on. Resubmit the URL and get the next page of results
         c. Now you need to concatenate the JSON Data of Page 2's results to this notepad document manually.  This may seem hard but it can be fast. Then Convert the JSON to CSV.
             (To format my JSON to make it easy to read I use: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/    To Convert JSON to CSV I use: JSON To CSV Converter  )

D. The concatenation can take a long time. If I did this a lot I would make a simple Java app to query this endpoint and concatenate this in to JSON form me and convert to CSV.

Concatenating the JSON Elements Array.

1. Below is the First Page of Results with 2 Rows in them.

{

"elements":[

{

"type":"ReportData",

"fieldValues":[

{

"type":"FieldValue",

"id":"100",

"name":"Entry Date",

"value":"31231231"

},

{

"id":"101",

"name":"Custom Object Record Name",

"value":"[email protected]"

}

],

"page":1,

"pageSize":2,

"total":4

}

2. Below is the Second Set of Results with 2 Rows In it.

{

{

{

"value":"123213"

},

{

}

],

"page":2,

}

3. If you Copy the Highlighted Section of Page 2 and past it below the Results of Page 1 but first put a comma after the last } for the Elements array, but not at the very bottom, you will get this.

{

{

{

},

{

}

,{

"fieldValues"<span class="sColon" style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Ubuntu Mono', Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospa

• J.Melancon
    J.Melancon Posts: 1 Red Ribbon

Hi @scott.kent ,

Any updates on adding this export functionality to Program Canvas exit and entry reports? 

• Vera.Kavars
    Vera.Kavars Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

I can see that the Campaign Canvass has the export functionality for these reports as of Apr 2018, but the Program Canvass still doesn't have it. Any idea on when that feature will be enabled for Program Canvass? Thanks!

• Devon Guerrero
    Devon Guerrero Posts: 59 Blue Ribbon

NO but here is a non-detailed overview, I will update later with specifics sorry for the delayed response.

Overview
    Using you browser you can view the undocumented endpoint URL by viewing network activity when you click on the Entry/Exit operational reports.

URL:

Program Builder ENTRY Report URL
    https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/API/REST/2.0/data/report/19?count=400&page=1&assetId=##&startAt=1499364690&endAt=1500574690

Program Builder EXIT Report URL
    https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/API/REST/2.0/data/report/20?count=400&page=1&assetId=##&startAt=1499364690&endAt=1500574690

Report/##

This is the Report ID number 7 & 19 are Entry reports for Campaign and Program Canvases and 8 & 20 are for Exit Reports.
    AssetID=##

This is the ID# of the Eloqua Campaign or Program Canvas as seen in the browser URL
    (AKA: https://secure.p##.eloqua.com/Main.aspx#programs&id=6)

Count=##

This is the number of result 1-1,000
    Page=##

This is the Page Number of results you are on
    StartAt=#### AND EndAt###
    These set the date range filter on the results.
    NOTE: There are other parameters you can attempt to utilize but I will not encourage this.

Steps:
    1. Use Soap UI and create and Endpoint for the Report Needed. Authenticate a Login.
    2. Enter the Asset ID and Report Id for Needed Report into endpoint URL. Set Page to 1 and Count to 1000

3. Enter the desired date Range by converting the date into Unix Time code. (Unix Time Stamp - Epoch Converter )
    4. Submit the Endpoint URL and the Results you will get back will be in JSON Form. Here is where it gets tricky.
          a. Create a note pad document and Copy and Paste the first set of Results.

b. Increment Page=## parameter up on from 1 to 2 and so on. Resubmit the URL and get the next page of results
         c. Now you need to concatenate the JSON Data of Page 2's results to this notepad document manually.  This may seem hard but it can be fast. Then Convert the JSON to CSV.
             (To format my JSON to make it easy to read I use: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/    To Convert JSON to CSV I use: JSON To CSV Converter  )

D. The concatenation can take a long time. If I did this a lot I would make a simple Java app to query this endpoint and concatenate this in to JSON form me and convert to CSV.

Concatenating the JSON Elements Array.

1. Below is the First Page of Results with 2 Rows in them.

{

{

{

},

{

}

],

"page":1,

}

2. Below is the Second Set of Results with 2 Rows In it.

{

{

{

"value":"123213"

},

{

}

],

"page":2,

}

3. If you Copy the Highlighted Section of Page 2 and past it below the Results of Page 1 but first put a comma after the last } for the Elements array, but not at the very bottom, you will get this.

{

{

{

},

{

}

,{

"fieldValues":[ <span class="fa-minus-square-o fa" sty

• Devon Guerrero

I can see that the Campaign Canvass has the export functionality for these reports as of Apr 2018, but the Program Canvass still doesn't have it. Any idea on when that feature will be enabled for Program Canvass? Thanks!

"Delivered"

• Keith Kress
    Keith Kress Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

"Delivered"

Is this actually delivered? I only see the option to export on Campaigns, not Programs. Thanks!

• Devon Guerrero

Is this actually delivered? I only see the option to export on Campaigns, not Programs. Thanks!

Exactly, that's my joke haha. It's only for campaigns, not programs.