Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eloqua New User Uploads template with Federation ID as an available field OR via API

Dave Zeltser
Dave Zeltser Posts: 50 Bronze Badge
edited July 2017 in Dream It

My org has a very large user base. We have rolled out SSO for a small subset in order to use Profiler within SFDC as well as for some users. The only real thing preventing us from using SSO throughout our marketing user base is that its a pain to administer and update the federation ID.

You can't upload to it and you can't edit it in mass. You can't even access it via the API.

It would be nice if one of these was available for either syncing the SSO/federation ID or updating it in mass.

22 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• nathan.lichte
    nathan.lichte Posts: 35 Silver Badge

If you are using SFDC, you can integrate directly from the SFDC User table to the Eloqua user table, here are some instructions

• Is there any movement to adding Federation ID on Mass upload template? This is a huge issue for us as we add large sets of users from different business groups sales teams.

• Dave Zeltser

Nathan, At our org (which you were once part of) we do have an SFDC sync in place for mapping users. I explored adding federation ID via the SFDC user sync, but like I mention, its the only field that is NOT accessible via an upload or via the API - so its not mapable to the Eloqua user table, apparently this part of eloqua has not been updated since the old E9 days or since SSO was introduced! The file upload and API for the user endpoint don't allow updating the federation ID. This is an enhancement request that our technical account manager has logged.

We ended up giving up on using the numeric employee ID as the federation ID and instead flipped everything over to use email address. This fixed everything for us so we no longer need to worry about mapping to that field. Its a whole lot easier this way now.

SSO Screenshot.png

Dave

• nathan.lichte
    nathan.lichte Posts: 35 Silver Badge

Nathan, At our org (which you were once part of) we do have an SFDC sync in place for mapping users. I explored adding federation ID via the SFDC user sync, but like I mention, its the only field that is NOT accessible via an upload or via the API - so its not mapable to the Eloqua user table, apparently this part of eloqua has not been updated since the old E9 days or since SSO was introduced! The file upload and API for the user endpoint don't allow updating the federation ID. This is an enhancement request that our technical account manager has logged.

We ended up giving up on using the numeric employee ID as the federation ID and instead flipped everything over to use email address. This fixed everything for us so we no longer need to worry about mapping to that field. Its a whole lot easier this way now.

SSO Screenshot.png

Dave

I believe I built out that User integration there.   

There is a reason I have all the documentation from 2007-9, the data structure and majority of the functions of Eloqua have not changed.

Nathan

• Dave Zeltser

I believe I built out that User integration there.   

There is a reason I have all the documentation from 2007-9, the data structure and majority of the functions of Eloqua have not changed.

Nathan

Correct, nothing has changed in that area... including the lack of the federation ID being a field accessible via upload or API!