Discussions

Insight Agent scheduling with prompt

Irina Merk
Irina Merk Posts: 2
edited Jul 11, 2019 11:04AM in Dream It

Hi!

We would need to schedule a report or dashboard in new Insight with prompts to customize the output data - which is currently not possible in new Insight. This functionality is very important to us and also critical for further reporting with Eloqua, as we don't see another chance to provide customized reports with just one centralized report. This has the advantage that it must be maintained just in one central report if any changes are needed. We have a couple of reports already in Classic Insight, where this is necessary and should be also possible with new Insight. I am aware of the fact that these are two different tools (Classic Insight from MicroStrategy and New Insight from OBIEE) but as this is an important functionality, we would assume at least to have the main functionalities from Classic Insight also in New Insight. Here are two cases which we are facing:

Case 1:

We need to schedule one report for 300 persons (Sales Persons). We are currently do this with Classic Insight through a prompt in the report. When scheduling the report, we are customizing the reports with the prompt, so that we just need to set up 300 subscriptions for each Person, but the report stays the same - as above mentioned, the advantage is that changes have just to be done in one central report. When no prompt customization in the Insight Agent is possible, we need to set up 300 copies where the only difference is the data which is filtered by the person - this is not an appropriate and maintainable solution for us and would mean we can't use new Insight for this purpose.

Case 2:

When scheduling just as an example the Standard Report "Email Analysis Overview" in Excel Format, the Excel File will just contain row 1-75 and is for this reason not complete. Even if we would create a customized report and filter the data, we have always to consider that just the first 75 rows are taken into account. Maybe I'm overlooking some settings where you can set this up? If not, it should be possible to customize this through the prompt (which is already in the report) when scheduling it.

I really hope that this functionality is going to be developed in new Insight - as I saw in Topliners, these functionality was already requested since about two years but in OBIEE.

Thanks & will keep my fingers crossed,

Irina

Post edited by Unknown User on
49 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• As I saw in OBIEE 11g it is possible to customize the prompt (or better say the filter with the attributes which are set in the report and are set to "is prompted") through the customize button of the Analysis, (in Agent > Tab "Delivery Content" > at "Content" the button "customize"). I tried this button in Eloqua's new Insight and currently it is not working. It would be helpful to know if this is going to be activated in the future? Because this could  solve our prompt issue as we could define specific values for each subscription (agent), e.g. a specific person for each subscription or for example a specific country and subscribe it to a group of people.

Thanks a lot for your Feedback @Oracle!

Irina

• User_RKVIQ
    User_RKVIQ Posts: 24 Employee

As I saw in OBIEE 11g it is possible to customize the prompt (or better say the filter with the attributes which are set in the report and are set to "is prompted") through the customize button of the Analysis, (in Agent > Tab "Delivery Content" > at "Content" the button "customize"). I tried this button in Eloqua's new Insight and currently it is not working. It would be helpful to know if this is going to be activated in the future? Because this could  solve our prompt issue as we could define specific values for each subscription (agent), e.g. a specific person for each subscription or for example a specific country and subscribe it to a group of people.

Thanks a lot for your Feedback @Oracle!

Irina

We have confirmed that it is possible to use prompted Agents, we are working on documenting the steps on how to accomplish this.

~Lisa Black

Director, Product Management

• We have confirmed that it is possible to use prompted Agents, we are working on documenting the steps on how to accomplish this.

~Lisa Black

Director, Product Management

Any update?

• James Solo
    James Solo Posts: 19 Bronze Badge

Any update?

See section 5 - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/index.html#Help/Insight/Tasks/CreatingAgents.htm

I was able to successfully configure one prompted report with 14 Agents, each set with a different prompt value.

• Any update on the Row limit? when can we expect the limit to be increased from current 75 rows?

• Any update on the Row limit? when can we expect the limit to be increased from current 75 rows?

Jazmine updated the Agent output will be increased to 1000 rows - please read the comments here - https://community.oracle.com/ideas/20603#comment-1021928