• 3,678,985 Users
  • 7,014 Discussions
  • 11,990 Comments

Discussions

Control column stacking order on mobile devices

RichardH
RichardH Posts: 6 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 30, 2018 6:41PM in Dream It

It would be great if we could control the order columns stack when viewed on mobile devices.  Today, it's always right under left.  For example.

I have a layout below, the first has 1/3 left and 2/3 on right, and the next row has the opposite.  It renders nicely on a desktop

pastedImage_0.png

But when you view on Mobile, the stacking order for the second row isn't optimal.  Instead I would like the option to specify the right column on top followed by left.

pastedImage_1.png

26 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Wren Ludlow-Oracle
    Wren Ludlow-Oracle Posts: 29 Employee
    edited Oct 29, 2018 3:40PM

Great suggestion. We're looking at more enhanced mobile rendering control. Not ETA yet but it's something I want to enhance.

Wren Ludlow

Oracle Product Management

• bkhayes
    bkhayes Posts: 48 Silver Badge

Great suggestion. We're looking at more enhanced mobile rendering control. Not ETA yet but it's something I want to enhance.

Wren Ludlow

Complimentary idea to this one. Supply the ability to disable modules on desktop/mobile. Offers more control on what is shown and hidden when the screen size shifts.

• Sally Gurney
    Sally Gurney Posts: 10 Bronze Badge

Wren Ludlow

Wren, talk to your Creative Services team in the UK, they have had bullet proof code for this for years as part of their mobile optimised modular templates that can very easily be adapted to the HTML produced by the responsive builder. (And others.) Should be pretty easy to implement.

• Totally agree!

The options made available for mobile stacking should be:

1) From left to right

2) From right to left

3) None

And in addtion, View on mobile device = Show / Hide

(Example below is from Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Was only able to find a German version, but I think the point is clear).

• User_S1PPG
    User_S1PPG Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Was there an answer for this one? I'm also struggling with the layout stacking.

• KLG
    KLG Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Since Oracle added the Show on Mobile/Show on Desktop selections (I can't remember what release that was), I've been using this to create separate rows for desktop vs. mobile to make sure that they are stacked correctly. It's a pain, especially during QA to make sure you check both but it's a good workaround.