Discussions

Welcome to Topliners!

Amanda Onate-OracleAmanda Onate-Oracle Principal Product Manager, Oracle ResponsysPosts: 381 Admin
edited May 15 in Topliners

Welcome to Topliners!

Below are answers to a few questions you might have about this community. We also have a to help you find your way around!

Who should be a Topliner?

You! This is the place to interact with others in marketing and sales who are interested in Modern Marketing, including marketing automation and revenue performance management. This community is sponsored by Oracle Marketing Cloud but is open to everyone.

Can anyone join?

Absolutely. Even your mom is welcome here. You can view almost all the content in the community without registering, so take a look around. You don't have to be an Oracle Marketing Cloud customer to participate. But we do admit that the certain areas like , and , are focused on the Oracle Marketing Cloud products and are geared toward Oracle Marketing Cloud product users.

How do I get started?

•    First, you’ll want to register a profile – check out

•    Next, you’ll want to update your profile so you’re more than just a number – check out •    Finally, you’ll want to jump right in looking for content!

Where should I start looking for content?

•    If you’re an Oracle Marketing Cloud customer then your first step should be to bookmark the so you can easily find your product-related resources, such as the Insiders Group, Release Resources, and System Status Updates.

•    If you're an Oracle Marketing Cloud power user - Jump into the section to learn how to implement your great ideas. Ask a question of your peers or answer one if you've already tackled that issue in the past. Sharing is caring.

•    If you're a software developer looking to extend the Oracle Marketing Cloud’s reach via apps, check out the section.

•    If you’re an Oracle Marketing Cloud client and have a great idea to extend or improve one of the Oracle Marketing Cloud products, then post it under where our Product Management team will work with you to try and make that dream a reality.

Why should I register?

Registered members of Topliners have more options available to them:

•    You can reply to a discussion or start one of your own.

•    You can send yourself copies of discussions in email or PDF format to refer to them later or share them with your colleagues.

•    You can 'like' a discussion or document to promote it within the community.

•    You can use the bookmark feature to tag items that you find helpful so you can easily find them later.

•    You can connect to other members and send them private messages to grow your network.

•    You can follow some of the great Modern Marketing Leaders on Topliners, check out our to see just a few of them.

•    You can earn points and badges as you become a trusted Modern Marketer.

•    You can join Groups that pertain to your interests. Take a look at the wide variety we have!

How did Topliners get its name?

It's a reference to the phrase "top-line revenue" on an income statement. Everyone here cares about increasing their company's revenue while also being successful in their own career. Join in!

How do I get points on Topliners?

Check out our full document explaining points and badges. You'll see it's easy to start earning points just by visiting the site!

Is there a special area for Oracle Marketing Cloud customers?

Yes. We have created private Oracle Marketing Cloud product-specific groups for our clients so you can not only interact directly with other clients and Oracle Marketing Cloud employees but also you can stay up to date on the latest product release information.  To find your specific product related resources go to the and click on the appropriate Insiders group, note you first need to log in or register and then when you visit the group you will see the request to join button.

More Resources:

Still have more questions? No problem! Just drop us a note: [email protected].

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Need help about the Group.

• Adrian Chang-OracleAdrian Chang-Oracle Posts: 245 Green Ribbon

Hi All,

Is anyone done dedup program to exclude duplicate contacts in Eloqua (Beta version - it allows to create duplicates?

The Multiple Email Address Test segment within our Sandbox instance has an example of an email address that is being shared between multiple contact records.

There are two personal records and two business records that share the same email address. How can we use the de-dup to exclude the contacts to send a personal product email to one of the personal records and have a business product email go to one of the business contact records?

Note: We have already done by using following menthods,

- Form submit cloud app with CDO, filters and deduplications

1. If use "Update contacts - with form data" in form processing step. The NEW contacts are creating Every time in contact database the form submit cloud app ran.

2. If not use "Update contacts - with form data" in form processing step. The contacts working fine and flown correctly. But CDC records are not getting mapped and updated into eloqua contact table.

Anyone please help for the above?

Can you please post this in ? @ViNoTh KuMaR

• Can you please post this in ? @ViNoTh KuMaR

yes done. thanks

Happy New Year!

Just as the Broncos won the Super Bowl, I am hoping that you can help me win the career bowl.

Although, I prefer to stay in Denver, I am open to relocation to any major city with an active lifestyle.

As a Business Analyst, my passion is for connecting users with technology. Leading with the needs of the user instead of technology, I am the IT Translator. Listening to users, learning how they do their jobs, and, more importantly how they WANT to do their job.

My favorite systems/applications are;

• Saleforce.com – I would like to get really nitty gritty in my next position.
    • Eloqua
    • Marketo
    • Intacct
    • CRM systems.

Learning other technologies and new systems is always a treat.

I provide;

• Requirements Documentation
    • Process Improvement
    • Visual representation of processes,
    • Test plans,
    • Use cases
    • Swim lanes
    • Project plans
    • Kick offs.
    • Financial Analysis.

Getting full buy-in from all parties is my top priority.

Tools that I use are

• Microsoft Project
    • Jira
    • Confluence
    • Microsoft Office – Excel, who doesn’t use all this?

Although I prefer larger companies, I am open to smaller companies.  Some of my target companies are Cigna, Western Union, TransAmerica, Deloitte, Perficient, Charter and Arrow. 

Titles of positions are that represent me are;

• Business Analyst
    • Business Systems Analyst
    • Sales Enablement
    • Sales and Marketing Automation
    • Sales and Marketing Operations.

Titles of people that I am interested in connecting with;

• Sales Enablement Director
    • Sales Operations Director
    • Marketing Operations Director
    • IT Director

Some of my achievements are;

• $200,000 savings on TwentyEighty’s on their Eloqua contract renewal. 
    • Supporting seven instances of Salesforce.com and Eloqua as well as Marketo with administrative privileges at TwentyEighty.
    • Documenting Revenue Recognition from 60 days to 12 days.

Meanwhile, let me know what I can do to assist you. Again, I am happy to meet for coffee or lunch. However, with busy schedules, I find it just as easy to Skype or phone call. 

Best,

Heather

Heather Donelson

https://www.linkedin.com/in/heatherdonelson

[email protected]

Hi @heatherd - Hope all is well with you! New postings surface on our ! Check it out and best of luck with your search and winning the career bowl!

• Need help about the Group.

Hey Mayur

Let us know what help your are looking for.

• Happy New Year!

Just as the Broncos won the Super Bowl, I am hoping that you can help me win the career bowl.

Although, I prefer to stay in Denver, I am open to relocation to any major city with an active lifestyle.

As a Business Analyst, my passion is for connecting users with technology. Leading with the needs of the user instead of technology, I am the IT Translator. Listening to users, learning how they do their jobs, and, more importantly how they WANT to do their job.

My favorite systems/applications are;

• Saleforce.com – I would like to get really nitty gritty in my next position.
    • Eloqua
    • Marketo
    • Intacct
    • CRM systems.

Learning other technologies and new systems is always a treat.

I provide;

• Requirements Documentation
    • Process Improvement
    • Visual representation of processes,
    • Test plans,
    • Use cases
    • Swim lanes
    • Project plans
    • Kick offs.
    • Financial Analysis.

Getting full buy-in from all parties is my top priority.

Tools that I use are

• Microsoft Project
    • Jira
    • Confluence
    • Microsoft Office – Excel, who doesn’t use all this?

Although I prefer larger companies, I am open to smaller companies.  Some of my target companies are Cigna, Western Union, TransAmerica, Deloitte, Perficient, Charter and Arrow. 

Titles of positions are that represent me are;

• Business Analyst
    • Business Systems Analyst
    • Sales Enablement
    • Sales and Marketing Automation
    • Sales and Marketing Operations.

Titles of people that I am interested in connecting with;

• Sales Enablement Director
    • Sales Operations Director
    • Marketing Operations Director
    • IT Director

Some of my achievements are;

• $200,000 savings on TwentyEighty’s on their Eloqua contract renewal. 
    • Supporting seven instances of Salesforce.com and Eloqua as well as Marketo with administrative privileges at TwentyEighty.
    • Documenting Revenue Recognition from 60 days to 12 days.

Meanwhile, let me know what I can do to assist you. Again, I am happy to meet for coffee or lunch. However, with busy schedules, I find it just as easy to Skype or phone call. 

Best,

Heather

Heather Donelson

https://www.linkedin.com/in/heatherdonelson

[email protected]

All the Best !!

• Topliner from Greenland

• Hey Everyone,

New here.  Just looking to get involved.  Not sure where/how to start.  I'm going to follow the "New Here?" button and hopefully that will point me in the right direction.

Hey Everyone,

New here.  Just looking to get involved.  Not sure where/how to start.  I'm going to follow the "New Here?" button and hopefully that will point me in the right direction.

Welcome @wblanchard! How can we help you?

• Hey, When is Eloqua 483 releasing? Any Idea? I heard they are fixing heatmap issue in 483 release.

• Is there an easier way to post an idea then what is provided? I have tried to do it and each time it is asking for the group and when I select nothing is highlighted to choose from.

The idea would be to have a Search Bar in Responsys EMD in the Audience Section. We currently have multiple audiences that we select from and we are looking for an easier way to get this information.

Is there an easier way to post an idea then what is provided? I have tried to do it and each time it is asking for the group and when I select nothing is highlighted to choose from.

The idea would be to have a Search Bar in Responsys EMD in the Audience Section. We currently have multiple audiences that we select from and we are looking for an easier way to get this information.

Hi Jessica, Can you please try accessing the tab to create your idea? Also, Please take a minute to update your username here!

• Hi Jessica, Can you please try accessing the tab to create your idea? Also, Please take a minute to update your username here!

Hi Adrian-  My user name was updated last week. It looks as though it is showing now where it wasnt earlier. I will try again with the Dream It Tab to see if it works as that is what I was doing previously and it wouldnt work. Also, if it helps- I know Topliners pretty well as I am a former OMC employee that is now on the client side using our products.

Happy to have you @Jessica Tesoroni as part of the family. Let me know how I can help further. For some reason you were not "auto-magically" added to our security group to allow you to post. I did it manually. Please let me know if you are able to create ideas.

• Can't change my name on here despite following the directions. Any help would be appreciated.

• I have the same problem

• Thank you very much! Once I logged out and then logged in, it appeared. Appreciate your help!

• 32484493248449 Posts: 1

Hi,

Does anyone know what happens when you add a filter and a sup table to a campaign? Does the filter filter the sub table data?

Thanks,

Liv

• Hi,

Does anyone know what happens when you add a filter and a sup table to a campaign? Does the filter filter the sub table data?

Thanks,

Liv

Hi Liv,

A filter is unable to filter a supplemental table but it can filter against a profile extension table (PET).

Will your use case accommodate the usage of a PET?

Best regards,

Johanan

• aniakkaniakk Posts: 1

Hello, thanks for amazing content

Hello, thanks for amazing content

@aniakk - you're most welcome!

• This community page is very impressive. It is very neatly presented and has great content.