Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Oracle Eloqua: Wildcard Patterns

Reenu VasnaniReenu Vasnani Posts: 70
edited January 14 in Social Groups

Fuzzy on exactly what wildcard patterns can do for you? Take this 5-minute OnDemand Course, and learn how to use wildcard patterns to:

• Search Contacts more efficiently
  • Separate approximate percentages of Contacts

eloa.png

We welcome your thoughts and comments.

Launch-Course03.png

Learn More from Oracle University

This Course is included with the Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions from Oracle University. Subscribers can view this Course anytime within their subscription. If you're not yet a subscriber, take a few moments to learn more about available Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions and other Oracle University training options. If you have questions, talk to your account manager, email the education team, or submit a service request.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This was great, by the way! Glad to have a video demo to share with folks in my Fundamentals of Segmentation class!

• This was great, by the way! Glad to have a video demo to share with folks in my Fundamentals of Segmentation class!

Hi! So glad this will help as a resource for the class

• As a quick reference this has really helped me when I am trying to remember what wild card characters do. I hope you find this helpful.

Character

Description

Example

Matches any number of characters. You can use the asterisk (*) anywhere in a character string.

wh* finds what, white, and why, but not awhile or watch.

?

Matches a single alphabet in a specific position.

b?ll finds ball, bell, and bill.

[ ]

Matches characters within the brackets.

b[ae]ll finds ball and bell, but not bill.

!

Excludes characters inside the brackets.

b[!ae]ll finds bill and bull, but not ball or bell.

Like “[!a]*” finds all items that do not begin with the letter a.

-

Matches a range of characters. Remember to specify the characters in ascending order (A to Z, not Z to A).

b[a-c]d finds bad, bbd, and bcd.

#

Matches any single numeric character.

1#3 finds 103, 113, and 123.

• andrepazlealandrepazleal Posts: 40 Red Ribbon

Can multiple cases be used like multiple email adress domain, @example.com,@example2.com?

• Can multiple cases be used like multiple email adress domain, @example.com,@example2.com?

Hi @andrepazleal,

If you're looking for specific patterns in contact search or segmentation you can use

*@yahoo.com in one query

OR

*@gmail.com as a second query

OR

With a max of 15 separate queries in one filter criteria for segments. You can't add multiple comma separated patterns, from my knowledge.

However you can leverage quicklists or picklists if you want to pinpoint more domains.

Quicklists should be flattened in shared lists as they keep on getting generated and can add up.

Picklists preferably as you can reuse, add, edit easily.

Hope this helps.

Calin A.

• User_2KA08User_2KA08 Posts: 2 Newbie

How can I search for special characters like .?*
    e.g. I want to find email address that's like [email protected], [email protected], etc..
    i tried with wildcard "*.com[!.]*" but no success.. it'll work if I use "*.com?" but this is only 1 characters after ".com"

Thank you.