Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Oracle Eloqua: Advanced Segmentation

Reenu VasnaniReenu Vasnani Posts: 70
edited January 14 in Social Groups

Eloqua provides multiple data points that you can use to create or update lists for defining segments. The ability to refine and narrow segments to reach the perfect audience is powerful, but requires that you understand the full functionality of this feature.

TLPost.png

The Eloqua 10: Advanced Segmentation Live Virtual Class (LVC) and OnDemand training teaches you how to extract lists or create filters to define segments. Specifically, this course explains how to:

• Add Shared Lists to form processing steps
  • Create Shared Lists using  CRM data
  • Create Lists by extracting reports for Query String Value, Social Media, and Search Query
  • Create Filters to suppress inactive contacts in your database
  • Create Filters to target prospects based on their engagement levels

The key tasks discussed in this course are supported with detailed demonstrations and hands-on exercises.

This class is recommended for Marketers, Advanced Marketers, and/or Administrators as the next class after completing the Eloqua 10 Fundamentals series. To view upcoming class sessions for all Eloqua courses, click here.

Launch-Course03.png

Learn More from Oracle University

This Course is included with the Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions from Oracle University. Subscribers can view this Course anytime within their subscription. If you're not yet a subscriber, take a few moments to learn more about available Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions and other Oracle University training options. If you have questions, talk to your account manager, email the education team, or submit a service request.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Due to technical reasons, I had to re-post this announcement. Unfortunately, I was unable to migrate comments from the previous announcement to this announcement. A great point was raised by @Ben Murray:

Astik, this sounds very interesting, but could you elaborate on what you mean by the second bullet: "Create Shared Lists using CRM data".  As far as I am aware, in order to use data from a CRM in Eloqua it must be synchronized with Eloqua first.  For us this has been a major issue because we are close to the maximum number of fields that Eloqua allows in an instance.  So in this course are you saying there is now a way to use CRM data in Segmenting without having it count against the maximum number of form fields?

Also from the course abstract can you elaborate on Segment merging is.  Does this mean you can nest segments within one another to merge them together?  If so, this definitely sounds like a course I would like to sign up for.

My answer to Ben:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for showing interest in this class. Hope the following explanation answers your questions:

• Create Shared Lists using CRM data: This topic discusses how you can pull data from your CRM and use it in Eloqua. For example, with a new synch, you can pull in leads that have a lead status of Not Qualified and push these to a Shared List or a Lead Nurturing Program. In other words, it demonstrates how to create an Auto Synch.
    • Segment Merging: This sub-topic is a part of a bigger topic that discusses how to use multiple contact lists. In addition to the Merge feature (which allows you to combine all contacts in lists), you can also use the Trim (remove overlapping contacts) and Intersect (identify overlapping contacts) features.

Do let me know if any further explanation is required.

Astik