- 3,675,607 Users
- 11,591 Discussions
- 18,509 Comments
Modern Marketing: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You down with GDP(r)?! (Yeah you know me!) Who's down with GDP(r)?! (Every last country!)
The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR - which went into effect May 25th, 2018 - is a regulation in EU law dealing with data protection and privacy for everyone within the European Union. While the GDPR was designed to protect EU citizens, because it applies to any business that collects or handles personal data from EU based individuals (inside or outside of the EU), and because it is now the world's most demanding set of rules about how user data can be collected and used, it is having a worldwide impact.
Thankfully, Oracle University has your back! Take this 20-minute OnDemand Course to:
- Understand the primary focus of the GDPR
- Differentiate GDPR policies from previous EU privacy laws and regulations
- List the top three ways the GDPR impacts Internet users
- Define the "right to be forgotten"
- List the top three ways the GDPR impacts technology companies
- List OMC features that ensure marketers are able to abide by GDPR requirements
- Identify the primary ways that Oracle is responding to the GDPR
- Define key GDPR terminology
Learn More from Oracle University
This Course is included with the Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions from Oracle University. Subscribers can view this Course anytime within their subscription. If you're not yet a subscriber, take a few moments to learn more about available Oracle CX Marketing Learning Subscriptions and other Oracle University training options. If you have questions, talk to your account manager, email us at [email protected], or submit a service request.