Discussions

Action Permissions for Contact and Account Fields (May 2018)

OMC Documentation-Oracle
OMC Documentation-Oracle Posts: 103 Employee
edited Apr 29, 2022 6:26AM in Eloqua

Overview

As part of Eloqua’s ongoing commitment to security we will be controlling access to Account and Contact Fields. With Oracle Eloqua's 18B update (May 2018), we will introduce “Manage Account Fields” and “Manage Contact Fields” Action Permissions to control creating, updating and deleting Account and Contact Fields.

What's Changing?

For new customers, as of 18B, only the Customer Administrator group will have access to create, update and delete Account and Contact fields. For existing customers, all Eloqua user groups will still have access to view, create, update, and delete Account and Contact Fields in 18B. These permissions will be enforced for existing customers in 18C (August 2018).

Timeline

18B (May 2018):

• For new customers, only the Customer Administrator group will have access to create, update and delete Account and Contact Fields.
  • For existing customers, all Eloqua user groups will still have access to view, create, update, and delete Account and Contact Fields.

18C (August 2018):

• For new and existing customers, only the users having permission will have access to create, update and delete Account and Contact Fields.

Check the Eloqua Release Center for release dates and times. Learn about recent updates to Eloqua's release and maintenance schedules.

Next Steps

If you require access to creating updating and deleting contact and account fields, please ensure you have the “Manage Account Fields” and “Manage Contact Fields” Action Permissions set after the 18B release.

FAQs

Q: If I have access to creating, updating and deleting Account or Contact Fields and I am a Customer Administrator, what should I be doing?

A: Nothing. As part of the 18B release you will still have access to creating, updating and deleting Contact and Account fields

Q: If I have access to creating, updating and deleting Account or Contact Fields and I am not a Customer Administrator, what should I be doing?

A: Please speak with your Customer Administrator to gain access

Q: How do I get the “Manage Account Fields” and “Manage Contact Fields” Action Permissions setup?

A: Please speak with your Customer Administrator to gain access

Post edited by OIT Integration User on